size of show and auto start

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
artona

size of show and auto start

Postby artona » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 am

Hi

I am a new member here so please forgive me if I ask a question in my first post. It was a search for the answer that led me to you.

Is there anyway of setting it so the show starts as soon as you go to the folder without the viewer pressing play.

I would also like the show to fill the whole monitor of the viewer but can't work it out.

Oh I can I be cheaky and ask th ebest size for putting a show into a blog

cheers

stew

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: size of show and auto start

Postby Studio7Productions » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:13 am

Answer 1: In order to have a autostart show......produce the show without a Menu

Answer 2: In show options, set it to 'Start Maxximized'

Answer 3: No Idea, but someone will

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

artona

Postby artona » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 am

Hi

Fantastic, thanks. I shall go and look for those options..........can you guide me to them please

stew

artona

Postby artona » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 am

darn it, I can't see those options, it proshow gold version 4 I am trying to get to grips with

cheers

stew

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:14 pm

First welcome aboard and enjoy!

Autostart/autoplay is an option when you make a DVD output, look for it and as already pointed out, it means that there won't be a menu. However, there's no absolutely foolproof way to know it will work---if put into a PC the autoplay option may be turned off by the user (mine is) so it won't work.

Again, the prior answer should be what you're looking for but now that only applies if you're talking about an EXE output-- start full screen is meaningless with a DVD.

As for putting it on a blog, now you're dealing with a 3rd type of output--some kind of video output. Don't know what you mean by "size" -- dimensions in pixels? File size? Number of minutes?

In all cases, it would help if you'd give more info on what you're trying to do and what kind of output you intend to use because many answers depend on knowing what the output type will be.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

artona

Postby artona » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi Dick

Thanks for the welcome. I can see where you ar ecoming from, Proshow seems a very complex piece of software with a lot of uses.

I want to make a slide show to put onto a website. I have worked out you just ftp the .html file and the proshow file into a folder. Then when you go to www.website/folder/file.html up pops the proshow gold slide show. I am hoping I can get that show to fill the viewers computer monitor and just start playing

stew

Valued Member

I Can Help With The Blog Part

Postby Roo57 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:49 pm

I can help with the blog part.

Best output for a web page is Flash.

To put it on a blog depends on the size of the space you need to put it in. If it's too big for the space it's intended to go into you can break the layout.

For example when on my photolog page to avoid horizonal scroll issues at a minimum of an 800 X 600 display, nothing can be wider that 434px.

So in my case when I want to post a show I make the show 434 px wide X whatever height the photos in the show are. I put these dimentions in three places within ProShow:

On your blog if the area on the page where it will go is a div or table cell set to say 300px then your show can be not wider that 300px or the rest of the content on the page is going to get all jumbled up plus you will get a horizontal scrollbar.

I'll use something recently posted as an example:

This show had all portrait oreintated photos so I wanted the show sized to that:

1) Show-->Show Settings-->Aspect Ratio-->Custom-->Width 401 Height 500

2) Even though I'm not using a menu so the show will auto-start make sure the same dimentions are there in the menu screen when you output. These have to match even when you are not using a men. Menu Layout-->Aspect-->Custom-->Width 401 Height 500

3) Under the Options tab --->Output Options-->Width 401 Height 500

Then upload BOTH the .swf file and the .flv file to your server.

You can choose to also output the html file and copy and paste the code into your blog or you can use this which is valid code for embedding a Flash object:

Replace bold parts with your own info:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.yoursite.com/show.swf" width="???" height="???">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.yoursite.com/show.swf" width="???" height="???" />
<param name="autoplay" value="true" />
</object>

Make sure the path to the show is correct.

Example:
You upload your .swf and .flv to a directory on your server name 'shows'.

The code would now look like this:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.yoursite.com/shows/show.swf" width="???" height="???">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.yoursite.com/shows/show.swf" width="???" height="???" />
<param name="autoplay" value="true" />
</object>

artona

Postby artona » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 pm

many thanks Roo, very good post :D

stew

artona

Postby artona » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 am

any more offers of help. I know this might sound really novicy but how do you produce the show without a menu

What is a menu in this case?

How do you produce it with out it?

thanks

stew

Valued Member

Postby Roo57 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:32 am

There are three tabs:

1) Menu
2) Shows
3) Options

When you click the menu tab, over on the right side where the menu images previews are, right on top you will see a white square that says 'No Menus'.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks