Animated Text

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
Randy1952

Animated Text

Postby Randy1952 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:20 pm

There is a demo on the Photoshow Gold web page http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/ that is titled Dear Mom by Heather House and it is at the bottom of the page. In this slide show near the front there appears to be a blank piece of paper over an existing slide and as the program progresses text appears on the paper just as if someone were writing it word for word and line by line. It is a very effective way to intro a slide program and would be perfect for a one year anniversary program I am doing. I emailed Photoshow Gold support to ask if that capability exists in the program or if it was an add on and they were unable to help me.

Has anyone seen this demo or used this effect where you can advise me on how it was done and if not can you point me in the right direction so I can learn how to add it to my program? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Animated Text

Postby texan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:05 am

Randy:

There are two "Cursive writing" programs that I am aware of with details on this board.

1. VisiSketch Pro by Dave Fitzpatrick
2. And Jennifer from Choice backgrounds also has one.

Do a search for both and you can examine the differences.......

Essentially you create an AVI movie of the text being created and then integrate the avi into your slide show.
Here's a quick demo (At the opening and closing of a show I did recently) that demos how Visisketch works.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=152790

Hope this is what you're looking for.......
Last edited by texan on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texan

Re: Animated Text

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am

The captions that appear in the show in question are not being written letter by letter though that's one way to do it. No video file is necessary.

Type the entire caption and position it on the screen. In this process, each caption layer must be positioned in the same exact spot. Blank lines are used as place savers for other lines not needing to be displayed so everything lines up properly. If you are missing any, the caption layers will not line up properly.

As example, if there are 3 lines of text:

Slide 1 has 1 line of caption with two blank lines beneath it for place setting for the other lines, use grow right for CAPTION FLY IN and NONE for FLY OUT.

Slide 2 has 2 separate caption layers.
Caption layer 1 is the same as the first slide BUT is now NONE for fly in and NONE for fly out
Caption layer 2 is blank line 1, words for line 2 and blank for line 3. Set this to grow right for fly in and NONE for fly out.

Slide 3 has 3 separate caption layers.
Caption layer 1 - same as the Slide 2 - play through transition
Caption layer 2 - same as slide 2 but fly in and out both set to NONE. play thru transition
Caption layer 3 is the 3rd line of text but with 2 blank lines above it, set to grow right for fly in and NONE for fly out.

Your SLIDE transition time between slide 1 and 2 and then between 2 and 3 should be a cut with 0 seconds. This is so only the caption action is what the viewer sees, the words revealed one line at a time. Each new slide reveals a new line of text.

You may want to put another Slide 4 with all three lines of captions set to fly in NONE and fly out at fade or something. Transition to this SLIDE 4 is also cut at "0" seconds. But going to the next image will be whatever you want, maybe a fade or whatever.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks