Default caption location

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
judy

Default caption location

Postby judy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:00 am

In PSG, the font, font color, the motion of the font -- all that carries through to the next caption you do unless you reset it. However, the position of the caption does not. It is always at 50x50. I have searched for a setting for this, to no avail. Does anyone have a way to make the setting "sticky"?

Thanks!

Judy

Re: Default caption location

Postby JimS » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am

Hi Judy - On the caption page, right click on each of the two "position" numbers for the caption that you have put in the desired location and a drop down menu appears that allows you to repeat that position on selected slides or all slides. I don't think it works for slides that you haven't put captions on yet, but you could type all your captions at 50x50 and then set them with this feature after the fact.

I always foget about that "right click" thing - it does lots of things in PSG

Hope that helps

Jim

judy

Re: Default caption location

Postby judy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks Jim,

So much in Windows programs is unleashed by right clicking, and come to think of it, I never do it in PSG. I'd better start right clicking away and see what powers are unleashed! (Perhaps we should start a thread of our favorite right click capabilities). This was frustrating as I saw I would have been able to do it in earlier versions, and so was frustrated that the program was less capable in a way I wanted it.

For anyone else who reads this thread, I did come up with a workaround that I have been using. I created a blank caption at the right location and copied it to the selected slides. (This is through the menu that is the last list type icon in the captions box). Then I just select and type in the blank caption on all the slides. It probably is about the same amount of work though your method is more straightforward!

Judy

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks