Text Motion? Question

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Text Motion? Question

Postby DavidMitchell » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:42 am

It's my first post! I'll try and explain what I am trying to achieve! It's actually easier to describe the reverse of what I want. Imagine the word "PHOTOGRAPHY" on your slide. Then "grab" the letter "Y" and peel it back towards the left of the screen so that just before it leaves the screen you can read the word "PHOTOGRAPHY" but in reverse. So what I really want is for the word to come in from the left (in reverse, as if you were reading it from the back of a clear film), then for the "P" to curl round and position itself followed by all the other letters. Does this make sense? Can it be done in PSG?

Re: Text Motion? Question

Postby heckydog » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:30 pm

I don't have PSG but I don't think it's likely you can do that effect with it.

Here's a couple short files done in After Effects. One is a straight across effect, and the other comes down at an angle

wmv files, 10 seconds long, about 1.5mb

Curl 1 (deleted)

Curl 2 (deleted)

Right click and Save as if you can use them.

Joe

ps welcome to the forum :)
Last edited by heckydog on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DavidMitchell » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:58 pm

heckydog wrote:I don't have PSG but I don't think it's likely you can do that effect with it.

Here's a couple short files done in After Effects. One is a straight across effect, and the other comes down at an angle

wmv files, 10 seconds long, about 1.5mb

Curl 1

Curl 2

Right click and Save as if you can use them.

Joe

ps welcome to the forum :)

Thanks Joe. ALthough you have done exactly as I asked it's a little more complicated! The word PHOTOGRAPHY is part of my companies logo.Image I am trying to create an intro "slideshow" that I can use for DVD slideshows I give to customers. I want the face and the word "Smile" to spin in to the centre of the screen, then the word "PHOTOGRAPHY" to come in from the left like in your second example. I may be asking too much of PSG and should invest in After Effects :lol: I appreciate your time, thanks

Postby alanadamson » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Think you're asking too much of PSG. Although you could certainly import effects created in other software, I am pretty sure you are limited to the canned text effects that you see on the left on the Captions menu.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm pretty sure there's certainly no straight forward way to do that in PSG. Manipulating text in most ways is not ProShow's strength.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby wgmeisheid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:56 pm

You might try creating the desired "effect" as a video and then insert it in your slide as a layer. You can probably get the effect you want that way.

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks