Adding a block of time to the end of an applied style

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Adding a block of time to the end of an applied style

Postby wgmeisheid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:50 pm

I would like to add a block of time after the end of the actions on a style so I can add new actions after the last action of an existing style. Is there an easy way to do that?

Re: Adding a block of time to the end of an applied style

Postby im42n8 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Not in Gold. That's because Golds' "keyframes" are the built-in beginning and end ones. There's no way to add anything in-between them like you can in Producer.

In Producer, however, it's entirely possible. In it, you can have as many keyframes as you need. Look at this for more information: http://fenimorephotovideos.com/blog/?p=312 on how to add time to a keyframe without affecting keyframes that exist prior to it.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Dale's right but you can still do what you want, I think.

The trick is to simply create another slide that duplicates the ending position of the slide that has the style on it and comes right after it. Make a copy of the slide you applied the style to and then edit the copy to remove any motion--basically, just keep the ending positions. Put a 'cut' transition between that and the prior one. If you give the copy a time duration, but don't do anything else to that one, the viewer now sees a static version of the ending position for however long you want that. If don't need a break between the two slides with motion, then just apply the next motion to that copy but if a break is needed then copy that static slide (cut transition again) and apply the new motion to the 3rd slide in the series. That will give "motion--hold--motion" and the view sees a smooth flow.

Hope that's clear--it's harder to type than it is to do actually. Basically, the rule with Gold is that you just divide things into several slides and do each step in one slide. PSP lets you collapse that into one slide but for many things I think it's actually easier to see what's happening by doing it in 2 or more slides.

Good luck and be sure to ask more questions if that wasn't clear.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby wgmeisheid » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you both for your replies. I should have been more explicit. I already know how to add another slide with no transition. What I want to do is take an existing style and augment its ending without having to mess with existing keyframes, to create a new style.

I will explore how to add time to a keyframe without affecting the ones before it.

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Both of the replies you received were explicit and accurate for how to create the extended effect.

GOLD has NO keyframes to edit ... keyframe's are implicit in its design as the START and END of the slide (without the user actually seeing any keyframes). Therefore, to adjust a slide's "keyframes" in Gold to "augment it's ending without having to mess with existing keyframes..." you need to add another slide. Then, create a style out of the added slide. You would then use both styles to get your desired modified effect in Gold (or Producer if one wanted to go that route). You cannot create a modified slide style using Gold in the way you want to -- a major limitation of that program.

To make a revised style where you have actual keyframes to move and adjust, you will need Producer. If you already have Producer (and this thread was started in the wrong section), the link I provided in my previous post answers your question in detail.

Good Luck.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:37 am

wgmeisheid wrote:I will explore how to add time to a keyframe without affecting the ones before it.

Since you posted in the PSG section we're assuming you're using Gold. If so, then you can't.

If you're using PSP, then you might be able to, depending on what you want to edit into the style--in that case your question is how to modify a style by adding on at the end and save it as a new one. And if you're using PSP, posting in that section will get more attention and better answers.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:50 am

This is so what I needed to know. With a style that has let's say 6 images --- the first one always comes in so fast that you can't tell what it is, and the last one fades so fast that the same thing happens.......
EVEN if you increase slide time. THANKS !!!
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby VidQueen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:45 pm

So, I was just trolling the forum to see what I could create a new video tutorial about....

Answer to this question, coming up tomorrow in video format! :D :D

Jennifer

Esteemed Member

Postby skb1951 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Yea....Jennifer!! Can't wait.

Sue
Whether you say you can, or whether you say you can't....you're right!

Proshow Producer 5.0.322, Adobe Elements 8.0, Canon t2i

Postby VidQueen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 am

Here you go, folks!!

Now, there are probably a number of different ways to achieve this, but in my example I've used a Slide Style that had multiple layers, so I've used the Keyframe editor to add that "block of time" to the beginning and ending of each layer.

Jennifer

Postby debngar » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 am

Very succinct and helpful tutorial of the keyframe editor screen Jennifer. Thanks so much for this one! Should be great help for those looking to finesse stuff in Producer! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks