add video to enhance a still picture

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

add video to enhance a still picture

Postby spotlight » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 pm

I have a few beach pictures that I want to add a video that shows a "splash of ocean water". How can I do that? I know to use layers, but is the "splash" video used as a mask? How does the rest of the splash video (meaning the background, sky, etc) not show in my picture?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: add video to enhance a still picture

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 pm

In this case I would put the video on the bottom layer and then size and place my picture on a layer above the video. The picture will cover areas that you do not want to show.

If you want to get fancier, you would then have to use a picture editor to shape your picture to make it look more natural on top of your video.

Regards,
-Vernon

Re: add video to enhance a still picture

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Note that while a jpg image is rectangular and does not support transparency, if you cut out the image you want in front and save it as a .png with transparency, you can then have things behind it that are visible around the image (you would need to cut it out in a photo editor like Photoshop or some other editor). The other option would be to create a mask that was the shape of what you wanted to have in the foreground and would make everything else visible (search for the term "clipping mask" - it is often used to have large text etc that "shows" an image behind it).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks