Fading "Rainbow Effect" for slide background?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
HARLEY0627

Fading "Rainbow Effect" for slide background?

Postby HARLEY0627 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:45 pm

I have created a simple show which includes a spinning image (36 slides) at 0.075 second duration for a single 360 degree rotation . . . and then copied multiple times to generate the continuous spinning effect for an extended period of time. To enhance this effect, I thought it might be nice if the slide background color gradually faded from one color to the next using the RGB color wheel spectrum.

I know this is kind of an odd request but does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Fading "Rainbow Effect" for slide background?

Postby heckydog » Wed May 06, 2015 4:16 am

One way to do it, if you have a program that can output an image sequence:

You have a spinning image that repeats every 36 frames and you're going to repeat that X number of times, let's say 10 times, so that's about 27 seconds long, as an example, at .075 seconds per frame. Why .075 seconds per frame, that sounds like a 13 fps frame rate, an odd number?

Create a video that's 27 seconds long where the colors go through the RGB rotation the way you want. Then output the video as an image sequence in either jpg or png format.

Then add the images one at a time, in order, to your slides. It's a bit of work but the results should be very good. The video length is going to vary depending on the actual number of repeats of your 36 frames.

If I knew how you made the original 36 slide sequence there might be a better way, but I don't have enough info.

Joe

HARLEY0627

Postby HARLEY0627 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:04 am

Yes, I apologize . . . my original post was a little vague with details I suppose.

What I actually created was a 3D image in Excel and copied it one image at a time as I gradually rotated it in a complete circle in 10 degree increments (essentially, an animaged gif but I actually saved them as PNG files). When I added these images sequentially to the show, I simply adjusted the individual slide durations until it looked smooth to me . . . thus the 0.075 second duration per slide.

As for your suggestion below, any thoughts on programs which would allow me to accomplish this?

Thanks again!!

Postby im42n8 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:24 am

I like Joe's approach ... I think it'll give you more of what you want. You "COULD" create your animation in a single slide in Producer and copy that slide into (using a Paste In function) another slide and then move all of those "animation" related layers to the lowest layers in the slide stack. Could be lots of work ... as long as you don't find yourself needing to add time between keyframes (that "might" affect the timing of the animation), no problem.

But, you could also put those PNGs into a nonlinear editor -NLE- (like Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro or Elements... or another.). Likewise, an animation (in the form of a GIF) could also be created in any application that'll let you create animated gifs (Fireworks, Photopaint, Corel Draw, Photoshop, Paintshop Pro...). That might be a workable option too. Animated Gifs will work ... ProShow has been known to have issues with them ... but, generally they aren't that much of a problem. In case it doesn't work tho, the video route might be the ticket.

The key, in the NLE would be to make it interpolate between the stills. The video creation route might be less stressing to the program (ProShow) in the long run.

In any case, you can still adjust the slide time. In the case of using layers on a slide, the "animation" adjusts accordingly. In the case of the video tho, you'll need to adjust the speed of the animation so that it takes up the same amount of time (seamlessly) as it did before. I'm assuming the animation is "seamless" as long as 1 full image rotation has occurred.... so, using the "loop video until end of slide" is not an option in this case.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Wed May 06, 2015 6:27 pm

HARLEY0627 wrote:Yes, I apologize . . . my original post was a little vague with details I suppose.

What I actually created was a 3D image in Excel and copied it one image at a time as I gradually rotated it in a complete circle in 10 degree increments (essentially, an animaged gif but I actually saved them as PNG files). When I added these images sequentially to the show, I simply adjusted the individual slide durations until it looked smooth to me . . . thus the 0.075 second duration per slide.

As for your suggestion below, any thoughts on programs which would allow me to accomplish this?

Thanks again!!

Wow, that's pretty good. I can barely sum a column of numbers in Excel and you're making 3D images. :oops:

It's a two step process. Make the video of the changing colors, (ROYGBIV), red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet? Then output it as an image sequence. Personally, I would do it in After Effects because that's what I have that I know can do it. BluffTitler too maybe, but that would be harder to do. I can do it for you or if you have AE I can explain how to do it.

Here's a link to a short sample video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/242 ... colors.wmv This is just a 10 second wmv video file. I could do something longer and output the image sequence and send it to you or provide a link to a zip file.

Joe

added: here's another version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/242 ... lors_2.wmv

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks