Adding a gap in between soundtracks??

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
realeimages

Adding a gap in between soundtracks??

Postby realeimages » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:39 am

How do you add a gap in between soundtracks? I have a show with multuple songs in it... and I want to be able to control where in the show each one starts... as far as on which slide the music starts on. Can anyone tell me how to do this? when I drop the sonds in they immediatelty just start where the other left off.. and I woudl like to be able to control that??

Thank you...

Re: Adding a gap in between soundtracks??

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:45 am

One way is to press TAB to switch to timeline mode. Hold down the Control key while dragging your mouse over the waveform to move it.

Another way is to double-click the soundtrack to access the window where you can put a number into the offset box. This number represents the amount of time you want the soundtrack to be offset from the first. If you want the first track to end and then to have 5 seconds of silence, then you put .5 into the box.

Be aware that, quite often, there can be a small "pop" when one track ends and another begins. To alleviate this, one member has suggested bringing a short sound file into your audio editor, lowering its volume to zero, and then saving it to a descriptive name such as Silence.wav or Silence.mp3. Whenever you want silence between two songs, insert the “silence” file, overlapping the tracks slightly. The overlap is done by giving the silent track a negative offset of, say .1 seconds, and then giving the track that's coming in a negative offset that will make it start playing where you want it to.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

realeimages

Postby realeimages » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:08 am

WOW!! Great... great stuff!!! I'm working on it now!!

Thank you!!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 pm

You can also ad as many tracks as you like in the import editor, and stipulate how many slides it plays for........
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

nebgranny

Postby nebgranny » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi Studio:
Where is the function you described? I would like to try it? Thanks Neb

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks