ProShow Producer 6 with a Retina Screen

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

ProShow Producer 6 with a Retina Screen

Postby harpo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Is anyone running ProShow Producer 6 on the Windows 8.1 side of an iMac 27" with a Retina Screen and Parallels Desktop 10?

My reason for asking, are there any cosmetic problems.

Thank you for your feedback.

John

Re: ProShow Producer 6 with a Retina Screen

Postby harpo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:48 pm

Just thought I would let those know (if there are any) who are running a Mac as a virtual machine with Yosemite, Windows 8.1 and Parallels 10.

I have just purchased a new iMac 27" with a retina screen and the top specs.

As it turns out the Mac is a dream to run with ProShow Producer 6 and the images displayed are out of this world.

John

Postby gallenulenoir » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi,
Can confirm the experience on a dell xps 15 (latest model) with hidpi (4k) display is fantastic. Running windows 8.1 64 bit- only trick is the usual one of making sure that the nvidia driver is the last installed (as opposed to the Intel ones) otherwise the gpu acceleration gets screwed up.

Quietly hoping that the new version of producer (whenever it arrives) will make even more use of the horsepower available.

Best regards
Scott

Postby RobertIsBusy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:30 am

Same experience as harpo with a retina 27" iMac: no problems with screen resolution of PSP5 running within a virtual machine (Yosemite, Parallels 10, Windows 8.1).

Just one problem occurred with PSP5 as a 32 bit program: the effects collection, once opened, always ran 3 times the "Reading Slide Styles" window, whatever I was doing with effects. Which always took some time and made me crazy. But after running PSP5 as an administrator everything was fine again. So I run it now in normal mode (as a normal user) without problems.

@harpo: Is it better to assign the Windows 8.1 virtual machine as much RAM and processors as possible to not slow down the PSP performance? Do you have any experience here?

Robert

Postby harpo » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi Robert,

My iMac 27" has a 4.0GHz processor with 16GB of ram and I have found the amount of RAM Parallels 10 has automatically assigned hasn't affected the performance using Proshow Producer 6 in any way.

Kind regards,

John

Postby RobertIsBusy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Since PSP still is a 32 bit application I believe it's not capable of "honouring" a huge amount of RAM. But let's wait if PSP's next version natively will run with 64 bits ...

Robert

Return to PSP - General Discussion