Where Do I Begin

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Dale

Where Do I Begin

Postby Dale » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:33 am

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dale. I have recently joined this group and I feel like a kid in a candystore. I live in New York and have decided, since I have lost my job and cannot seem to find another, to start creating video montages. I have experience using MAC programs such as IMOVIE and IDVD but have decided to use Proshow Producer (version 3.5) for future work.

I tried learning how to use Proshow Producer from the manual that comes with the software but it does not provide what I need. I need to learn technique. I have to create a wedding montage ASAP and found a wonderful example on thisforum but I don't have a foggiest idea of how to create the techniques and effects used. Do you think the creator of the video would help me with these?

One example of technique was that the back of the bride's gown was shwon and then a bar moved from top to bottom of the gown, magnifying the details as it traveled down the gown. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Very excited to be here....

Dale

Re: Where Do I Begin

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:58 am

Hi Dale,
Let me be the first to welcome you to this forum!

You'll find here lots and lots of trips and tricks, and wonderful people.

Your question refers to Proshow Producer, but you posted in the Proshow Gold section of this forum.
Producer is a bit further down...

Please repost there and I'm sure you'll get an answer pretty fast.

Re: Where Do I Begin

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:23 am

Welcome to the funny farm Dale !! As Mona indicates, you posted in the Gold section of the forum - Producer has LOTS of features that Gold does not so you are more likely to get the answers to your questions in the Producer section. In general, most of the people that have posted shows are more than willing to explain their technique for obtaining the effect you are interested in. I have not seen the one you are asking about, but in general, the trick to that is to have a regular picture on one layer, a magnified version on another layer and then use a mask that you can move around that "reveals" the "magnified" layer as you want. If you do a search on magnifying glass (if I remember correctly), you will find some additional information on that technique.

One additional comment if I may - it helps when you have questions to use a subject line that gives people a clue what the question/problem is and if you include a link to the show you are asking about, it makes it easier for people to follow up on the question. Please do NOT take this as anything negative - it is simply an observation based on past experience on the best way to get help :D (and it makes it easier for you and others to find that information later with a search since the "subject" now has key words that relate to the question).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - General Discussion