blu ray

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

blu ray

Postby jamcrky » Thu May 07, 2009 8:53 am

hello gang.........just a general question ..........i know you can render a show in blu ray and then burn on a reg dvd disc which i understand will improve the quality...........when playing back on a blu ray dvd player......but can I play this a reg dvd player (non blu ray) and what would be the result if i can
Thanks as always for the info Jim bo

Site Admin

Re: blu ray

Postby MG - Admin » Thu May 07, 2009 10:04 am

Although the Blu-Ray content is stored on a standard DVD the information still must be read by a Blu-Ray compatible player. Standard DVD players won't be able to read the disc.

Mike

Postby jamcrky » Thu May 07, 2009 12:40 pm

ok Mike thanks much.....jimbo

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Sat May 09, 2009 10:38 pm

If possible can someone detail the actual steps to making a Blu-Ray Show using a DVD+ or -R disk? I have tried to no avail and even after contacting Tech support. For some reason it fails for me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Richard...

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun May 10, 2009 8:57 am

Richard:

There really isn't any trick to it, but here are a few things that might help:

After creating your show, instead of burning to the disc within ProShow, create an ISO file and save it to your hard drive. Be sure to use the Blu-Ray options for output. After you create the ISO use a program such as IMGBURN to burn the ISO directly to your standard DVD. That's it!

You'll still need to have a Blu-Ray player to view the disc, but this way you don't need to have a Blu-Ray burner.

Keep in mind as well that this format of output on a standard DVD is not going to be compatible with all Blu-Ray players. Some Sony players in particular require that you save the show using specific output options in order to get a playable disc. Other brands may run into similar issues.

Due to the smaller capacity on a standard DVD you'll need to make sure your shows are small enough to fit.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:11 am

Many thanks for the information, but I have burned many blu-ray disks using standard DVD's in Pinnalcle Studio 12 with no trouble. The one that I burned from a Show in Producer to an ISO first stutters and skips constantly. That is my problem. I was wondering what I was doing wrong to have it act like that. I used the same disks as the ones that I use in Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate also. Thanks again..

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun May 10, 2009 10:28 am

rjl2gal3 wrote:The one that I burned from a Show in Producer to an ISO first stutters and skips constantly. That is my problem. I was wondering what I was doing wrong to have it act like that.

Sounds like an issue with the settings you're using to create the Blu-Ray output in ProShow. Take a look at this thread to see what settings I was able to use to create a show that didn't stutter: Blu-Ray Playback and Sony Players

It appears that certain players need to have different settings used to make a playable disc. Let me know if the above works for you.

Mike

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Sun May 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Thank you for such detailed information. I did create an ISO with those settings, but only one dissapointment so far. Now my show won't fit on a DVD. I am excited about those settings still. Is it possible that you have tried to burn a show on a duel layered DVD with good results? I will shorten my show and try those settings for sure reguardless. Than I will post the results here. Thanks again..

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun May 10, 2009 6:33 pm

I haven't tried to burn a show onto a dual layer disc, but I don't see why it wouldn't work using the same settings. If you decide to try and burn one to a dual layer let me know if it works.

Mike

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:01 pm

I'll do that and many thanks for putting me on the right track to some much anticipated enjoyment. Richard...

Valued Member

Postby rjl2gal3 » Mon May 11, 2009 4:11 am

Finally with the settings that you discribed, the show plays very well. Many thanks once more.

Postby ezwriter » Mon May 11, 2009 7:27 am

I just went through this same exercise for a friend who bought a Panasonic DMP-BD35 player and wanted to know how to create a Blu-Ray show on ProShow Gold on a standard DVD. I walked him through the steps using all the recommended settings, but when he put the disc into his player it came up with an "disc not compatibl" error. I then did the same thing on my system in both ProShow Gold and ProShow Producer in the following way:

I generated three DVD's:
Disc Program Burn Program
1. DVD+R ProShow Producer Nero 7
2. DVD-R ProShow Producer Nero 7
3. DVD+R ProShow Gold ImgBurn

I took the discs to a local Electronics store and tried them on the following equipment:
1. Panasonic DMP-BD60 (the successor to the BD-35)
2. Samsung BDP3600
3. LG BD370
4. Sony BD-PS360
5. Sony PlayStation 3

Results:
None of the discs would play on the Panasonic, Samsung, or LG players. The Panasonic gave the same "Disc not compatible" message after trying to read all three discs.
All of the discs played perfectly on the Sony BD-PS360 and the PlayStation 3 (On the PS3 I tried only Disc #2 and 3 shown above.) The images were stunning in 1080P LCD TV.

I then went into "Google mode" and from my research decided that the output from the Blu-Ray creation needed to be in AVCHD format which is, I understand, slightly different from true Blu-Ray format, in order to be generally playable on most Blu-Ray players when burned onto a standard DVD. To do this, I used a free program called TsmuxeR to process the "bd ... " file in the ps_data folder generated by ProShow and output it in AVCHD format. I then burned the BDMV folder to a DVD using ImgBurn.
When I returned to the electronics store and tried my new creation, it played perfectly on all of the players. The downside of the process I used is that, so far, I have been able to burn only one show without a menu per DVD, but at least it worked.

Just thought I'd add my experience.

[another] Dale

Valued Member

Re: blu ray..question for (another) Dale

Postby CA4joey » Sun May 24, 2009 9:06 am

Hi Dale
I was very interested in your solution in gettting a "blu-ray" burned to dvd to work. I have the Samsung blu-ray player and way back, when this thread first originated, tried this method but alas...it would not work on my Samsung player as I, too, got the "disc not compatible" message. I was very excited when I read this thread and see that you have found a way around this!! I've downloaded the TsmuxeR program that you mentioned and from the site went to the "how to's". My question...which "how to" set of instructions did you use? From what's there.. you can choose from:
Basic Guide for HDV to Blu-ray - Read
BD2DVD: Blu-ray to DVD guide - Read
Convert MKV to AVCHD for PS3 and Blu-ray - Read
Convert MKV to Blu-ray without Reconverting - Read
Create AVCHD discs with subtitles using tsMuxeR - Read
How to Decrypt/store/play Blu-Ray and HD-DVD Discs - Read
MKV to Blu-Ray without reconverting

Which set of instructions would I use? Thanks for your help!!!
Charlotte

Sparky29

Postby Sparky29 » Sun May 24, 2009 1:24 pm

I ALWAYS burn my regular show to DVD from an ISO and never within the Producer. When researching how to create a blu-ray show onto a standard DVD, I went the same direction you are going. I never did get the file directories figured out. In the middle of messing with all that hassle, I just stuck in a DVD and let producer create it. It will give you some sort of warning message, just ignore and it should work. I tested in a Sony and Sharp blu-ray player and it seemed to work just fine.

Valued Member

Re: blu ray- question for (another) Dale

Postby CA4joey » Tue May 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Hi Dale,
I followed along from how you stated that you burn your blu-rays to a standard DVD disk and alas, I get the same message (that I had when I first attempted using the original thread of burning blu-ray to DVD)...when I pop it in my Samsung BD-P1500 player...and that is an unknown format..it can't read the disk!! I am hoping that I am doing something incorrectly..cuz blanks blu-ray disks are soooo expensive!! Tell me if I did this correct..created my show to blu-ray iso file. Then found the (proshow) ps_data folder and using tsmuxerGUI added it in the input files box. For output I checked the AVCDH disk box and pressed "start muxing". I had two pop-ups..one stated that there was a certificate available and did I want to include that and the other said something about including UDF file or something like that. I tried saying "yes" and than again with a "no" (and I got the same results..my blu-ray player couldn't read the file.) Using ImgBurn, I went to the BDMV folder and popped in a BDB-RW disc. Is there anything that I did not do correctly??
Hoping that I can get mine to work!!
Charlotte

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion