blu ray

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: blu ray

Postby ezwriter » Wed May 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi Charlotte,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been checking this forum in awhile. The procedure I used is as follows and is for burning a single ProShow slideshow without menu to a standard DVD disk (I've done it on both + and -R disks.)

Use ProShow Gold/Producer to create a Blu-Ray output as an ISO file. I keep the bitrate down (10, 15, or 20 Mbps) just in case the Blu-Ray player can't handle high bitrates. Upon completion, you will have generated a psdata folder with a "bd ... " file in it.

Open the tsMuxer GUI and use the Add function to add this "bd ..." file to the Input screen. For Output, choose "AVCHD disk." The default output location will be the same psdata folder in which the "bd ..." file is stored. You can change it if you wish. Click on "Start Muxing." I've never gotten any popups, but if I did I would decline both (ImgBurn will create the CERTIFICATE file.)

Open ImgBurn. Select "Write files/folders to disc." Click on the "browse for folder" icon (2nd one below the + in the middle of the screen) and browse to the BDMV location. Single click on the BDMV folder. It will expand, but you want to simply leave the entire BDMV folder highlighted as the selection. Click on "OK" and that folder will be added to the Source window.
Next, on the right side of the window, click on the "Options" tab. In the file system drop down box, choose "UDF" (the one at the bottom.) In the UDF Revision drop down box, choose "2.5" This is critical, as this revsion is required to create a Blu-Ray compatible output.

Load up a blank standard DVD disc if you haven't already, and click on the burn icon.

That should do it -- at least it did for me and for my friend in Germany.

Good luck, and let me know how it went,
[Another] Dale

Valued Member

Postby CA4joey » Fri May 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi (another) Dale,
Thanks sooo much for the explanation as to how you are able to burn blu-ray to a standard disc. I followed your instructions and tried out my disc (I use re-writables) ..but unfortunately, my Samsung blu-ray player does not recognize the format. Also, my LG burner would not play the disc either..both stating unrecognized format. Too bad for me..cuz blank blu-ray discs are very expensive..but the pictures are soo clear and sharp!! I will keep on trying and watching for new developments...maybe there is something that I am doing wrong..? But thanks so much for your help!! It is greatly appreciated!!
Charlotte

Postby ezwriter » Fri May 29, 2009 6:58 pm

Hi Charlotte,

I was really curious about your getting different results, so I looked at the tsMuxeR program and noticed that there is a newer revision (1.10.6) than the one I was using (1.9.9.) I downloaded the newer version and see that it creates different folders/files than the previous version. I am checking this out and may have an answer tomorrow.

Here's hoping,
[another] Dale

Postby ezwriter » Sat May 30, 2009 6:47 am

Hi again Charlotte,

I think I have a solution. The disc I burned using version 1.10.6 of txMuxeR would not play on a Samsung and LG Blu-Ray player I tried them on. However, this appears to be due to this version creating some additional folders that cause the problem. I remember reading somewhere that some players don't respond well to certain emply folders. Anyway, please give this ammended procedure a try:

Use ProShow Gold/Producer to create a Blu-Ray output as an ISO file. I keep the bitrate down (10, 15, or 20 Mbps) just in case the Blu-Ray player can't handle high bitrates. Upon completion, you will have generated a psdata folder with a "bd ... " file in it.

Open the tsMuxeR GUI and use the Add function to add this "bd ..." file to the Input screen. For Output, choose "AVCHD disk." The default output location will be the same psdata folder in which the "bd ..." file is stored. You can change it if you wish. Click on "Start Muxing." I've never gotten any popups, but if you do decline both (ImgBurn will create the CERTIFICATE file.)
Browse to the location you specified for tsMuxeR (default is [show name]_psdata.) You should see a BDMV folder. If you also see a CERTIFICATES folder, delete it. Open the BDMV folder and delete all folders and files in it EXCEPT the following (i.e. these should be the only folders/files remaining):

Folder: BACKUP
Folder: CLIPINF
Folder: PLAYLIST
Folder: STREAM
File: index.bdmv
File: MovieObject.bdmv

Open the BACKUP folder. Delete all folders and files except:

Open ImgBurn. Select "Write files/folders to disc." Click on the "browse for folder" icon (2nd one below the + in the middle of the screen) and browse to the BDMV location. Single click on the BDMV folder. It will expand, but you want to simply leave the entire BDMV folder highlighted as the selection. Click on "OK" and that folder will be added to the Source window.
Next, on the right side of the window click on the "Options" tab. In the file system drop down box, choose "UDF" (the one at the bottom.) In the UDF Revision drop down box, choose "2.5" This is critical, as this revsion is required to create a Blu-Ray compatible output.

Load up a blank standard DVD disc if you haven't already (I don't use RW discs, but if you try one, make sure it's a new one or that all other files have been erased), and click on the burn icon.

I just used this procedure to successfully create a DVD -R disc that played on a Samsung and an LG player (although for some reason, the first time I tried it on the Samsung it did not play. When I re-inserted the disc it did play -- go figure.)

Let me know what happens,
[another] Dale

Valued Member

Postby CA4joey » Sun May 31, 2009 7:47 am

Hello again Dale,
Thank you so much for trying to figure this out for me. I tried it again. However, On my samsung.I just got the "wrong disk format" message again. On my LG burner/player on my computer..the music started but no picture (With powerplayer) then after a few seconds, I got the "powerplay has stopped working" message. When I tried to play with windows media player..I get picture and no sound and nothing freezes on me. I do have vista and I don't know if that has anything to do with that. What I really want of course is to be able to use my Samsung blu-ray player and watch it on my television. Anyways..it seems that I am getting closer!! I wonder if I went int tsmuxergui and tried to download the older version that you have..? I think I will try that (if that version is available).
Charlotte

Esteemed Member

Postby WBD » Sun May 31, 2009 8:23 am

Charlotte,
One quick question, is your LG burner for Blue-Ray discs or is it a DVD burner? If I remember correctly for DVDs to be burned as Blue-Ray discs you must use a Blue-Ray burner.
Bruce

Postby ezwriter » Sun May 31, 2009 9:17 am

Hi Charlotte,

Bummer. I don't understand what's going wrong. I and a friend of mine have both used this procedure without problem. Perhaps you should describe exactly what process you've used from start to finish. Maybe something will jump out. Charlotte, as I re-read your original post and a later one, you refer to using a BDB-RW disc. You cannot use a BD disc of any kind for this procedure. It must be a standard (4.7GB) DVD +R or -R disc. If you're using a standard (non-BD) RW disc, I would suggest trying a [4.7GB] DVD +R or -R disc as that's what I've used.

Bruce, no a Blu-Ray burner is not required for this procedure as Mike (mgregg99) described in his posts; only a Blu-Ray player is required. The AVCHD format can be burned with a standard burner onto a standard disc. I don't own a Blu-Ray burner and have made a number standard DVD +and -R discs that will then play on every Blu-Ray player I've tried them on.

[another] Dale

Postby sheldonk » Sun May 31, 2009 9:25 am

Does anyone know if this will work on a Samsung 1600 player? I've got my eye on that!

Sheldon

Postby ezwriter » Sun May 31, 2009 10:36 am

Sheldon, the best way of knowing is to create a disc this way, take it to an electronics store that has the player hooked up to a TV and give it a go. Even if it's not hooked up to a TV, but has power to it, you can load it and watch the panel to see if it runs. That's what I've done, and no store's turned my request down yet.

Dale

Sparky29

Postby Sparky29 » Sun May 31, 2009 12:00 pm

That's what I did. It worked on a Sony and a Sharp blu-ray player. Prior research indicates that some players/brands will work some will not (such as Samsung). I used a Regular DVD+R disc and a regular DVD burner ($25 LG - not blu-ray) and just used the blu-ray creation within Producer. It will give message about not being a blu-ray disc, just ignore and burn. I got discs to work at 25 and 35mbs.

Valued Member

Postby CA4joey » Sun May 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Dale,
Here's exactly what I have been doing: Open my show (it's a widescreen format) and go to create output and choose-blu-ray. When the menu window pops ups - I click on the "no menus" and under options tab, choose blu-ray type progressive 1080p and quality-standard play (20Mbps). Go to burning and click ISO and create. I am using producer the latest version. Upon completition, I go to my saved project file shows and open the ps_data folder. There I check to see if the the bd-MPEG2... file is there. I open tsMuxeR GUI (and I downloaded version 1.9.9) I tried this one according to your original instructions but ended up with same can't read disk message. With the 1.10.6 version
I used the Add function to add the "bd MPeg2..." file to the Input screen. For Output, I chose "AVCHD disk." I Click on "Start Muxing." In the_psdata folder file, I found the BDMV folder. I deleted the CERTIFICATES folder,and everything else with only the folders/files remaining as you listed:
Folder: BACKUP (I went in and deleted all suggested empty file and kept only the ones you listed)
Folder: STREAM

I opened ImgBurn and click on the write files/folder to disc. I added the BDMV folder in the source. It shows up in Source line and in box under source line. In the "Options" tab, I choose "UDF" and "2.5"I am using version 2.4.4.0. I also notice that the recurse subdirectories box is automatically checked so I leave it. One other thing that I just thought of is that I have the Booktype selected as ROM (this was suggested a long time back as it makes it more compatible with many dvd players) This time, I uncheck the box to see what happens. (will let you know if this makes a difference) No more pop ups come up and I think that this was in Imgburn but since I deleted the certificates file ..the pop ups stopped.
I load a blank (erased) standard DVD+RW disc in my DVD drive and click on the burn icon.
My blu-ray in my living room is the Samsung and my blu-ray burner in my computer is an LG blu-ray HDDVD burner/player. I think that I will try to burn to a recordable DVD+R and see if it's with the RW that this is happening. Will let you know tomorrow!!
Charlotte

Postby ezwriter » Sun May 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi Charlotte,

Well, everything you described sounds right, so unless it is the RW disc, I'm out of ideas right now. Let me know how it goes. I don't think the booktype ROM setting would cause a problem, but you've changed it, so we'll see. If your burning try on a DVD +R disc also does not work, I would take the disc to an electronics/home theater store and try it in a few of their players. If it were to work, you might see if there is a firmware upgrade for your player that might make it recognize the disc.

Good luck,
Dale

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion