Masks

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
MLE

Masks

Postby MLE » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:26 am

Good Morning,
I have been working on bringing a graphic up through the middle of a video motion background. My problem is that I can not seem to find Masks. I have some but most of them are in JPG and when I use Paint Shop Pro 7 to transform them into png files most of them don't work. I so far have 1 maks that works. Can some one please tell me where I can find some Mask at. Most of the photographs that I am using are various sizes. You help is much appreciated.
Mary

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Masks

Postby DickK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:30 pm

Mary,

We need a little more information to understand what you're trying to do and what isn't working. Let's starte with are you using ProShow Gold or Producer? Then can you describe for us exactly what effect you're trying to create and what you're attempting to find when you say "...I can not seem to find Masks."

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Going on the assumption that you're using Producer, a mask doesn't have to be PNG file if it's a grayscale mask. A grayscale mask can be a JPG file because there's no transparency involved in it. On the other hand, if you're using Gold, then that's the reason you can't find masks. Gold can't use them.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

MLE

Postby MLE » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Yes I am using producer and I am using a motion video as the background and I want to take a picture and blend it in with the motion video. I was using Mask to do this with and I thought the mask had to be PNG. I have several that jpg and I assumed ( and I should of known better, sorry) that they had to be in the format of PNG. But if they don't then I will try to use a jpg.
Thanks
Mary

Return to PSP - General Discussion