Switch to full style
Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Post a reply

copying slide from template

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:46 am

Hello,

I have downloaded one of the templates from Photodex, which is 120 slides in length. Each slide in the template has two layers - the top layer is a photo frame and the bottom layer is the image layer. Unfortunately, I need a couple more slides for the particular show I am doing as it is just a bit longer than 120 images. I was able to copy one of the slide and obtain a couple more slides with the requisite layer setup, however, when I drag and drop an image into one of the new slides, the same image appears in the other new slides as well as the slide which I used to copy from, which I do not want. I am hoping someone has some advice on the best way to duplicate slides/layers without the noted image problem. As I am brand new to Proshow Producer (actually brand new to any version of Proshow and brand new to this forum) so I ask that you "dumb down" any response to me and don't assume I know anything.

Thanks in advance,

Marv

Re: copying slide from template

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 am

Sorry, this topic should have gone in the Producer forum (see, told you I was brand new!!!)

Marv

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm not sure why this happening to you, but you might try this method: Open the new slide in Options, then select the photo you want in the Folder List and drag it over and on top of the image layer in the slide. Make sure the image layer is highlighted before you release the mouse button. If you see a black line in between the two layers or beneath the last layer, the photo will be added as a new layer instead of replacing the one that's already in there.

Barbara

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:23 am

Marpel:

Try this:

After you have copied the slide to the location you desire......

Instead for dragging and dropping a photo into the slide
1. Double click the slide to open it
2. Right click on the image
3. A menu pops up
4. Select "Select a photo from a file
5. Navigate to the desired photo and select it

This should solve you problem.......

Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:43 am

Texan's solution is the same as mine except for this: mine is a lot faster and his eliminates the possibility for error. Try both. If you're good at dragging and dropping accurately, mine's the one, and if you're not, Texan's is definitely the way to go. :D

Barbara

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks very much for all the suggestions, I will give them a try.

Thanks again,

Marv
Post a reply