Support Japanese font?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Support Japanese font?

Postby drbgaijin » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:17 am

Hello Naoki,
I did not see your post until today.
I also have asked about Japanese font support ( about a year ago). My wife(Japanese) and I (Scottish) have been disappointed that such a versatile and excellent application like Pro Show Producer cannot handle Japanese text.
I hope that if/when a 64 bit version turns up, that it may handle Japanese.
I use PSP with IME on Windows 7 Pro -Engish. My wife uses PSP on a Japanese Windows 7 Pro intsall. Neither of us has had any luck with the Japanese input.
I have 2 ways of fixing the problem.
1. Try to keep the amount of text needed to a minimum.
2. Make the text in Photoshop with an alpha channel and then import it, as an image, into ProShow Producer.

Not the best solution - but a workaround for emergencies.

Regards
Douglas
Born and raised in Scotland, worked in Sweden, now maturing in Japan

Postby Naoki » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 am

Dear Douglas,

Thanks for your response. Your comments are really encouraging.
This problem can solely be understood by those who have both eye-sights of Japanese and English.
drbgaijin wrote:I hope that if/when a 64 bit version turns up, that it may handle Japanese.
I use PSP with IME on Windows 7 Pro -Engish. My wife uses PSP on a Japanese Windows 7 Pro intsall. Neither of us has had any luck with the Japanese input.

Unless bilingual people like you claim for it, the improvement would not take place. This problem is not due to the capacity of CPU.
The goal is already pretty close, but the PSP programmers could not realize what are problematic. They just tell us that the usage of Unicode should solve the problem. I have no idea to let them realize it is meaningful or earns money.

> 1. Try to keep the amount of text needed to a minimum.
Yes, I do. But sometimes Japanese fonts are becoming.

> 2. Make the text in Photoshop with an alpha channel and then import it, as an image, into ProShow Producer.
Not the best solution - but a workaround for emergencies.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it.
For me, I use "png" files made by Photoshop. Fortunately, the PSP accepts png files. It is tedious but works.
However, as you know, a variety of Style functions for fonts cannot be used in this way.
Once a PSP programmer admits this improvement is worthwhile, it must be a piece of cake for him/her.

Best regards,
Naoki, Tsukuba Japan

Postby drbgaijin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello Naoki,
I downloaded and installed Producer 6 yesterday
I was hoping that Japanese fonts and text input would work now.
They do not!

To be honest I am very disappointed that an extremely efficient application like ProShow cannot use the standard windows input system for Japanese/ Korean and Chinese fonts.

J/K/L input, via Microsoft's IME, can be used in almost all applications (running in e.g. English versions) to input either Japanese, Korean or Chinese text.

Maybe Photodex has no interest in selling more of their applications to those 3 countries.

In Japan, ProShow is probably the best slideshow producing application - except for the fact that it cannot accept the input of Japanese text.

Please, Photodex, rectify this weakness in ProShow!

Regards
Douglas
Born and raised in Scotland, worked in Sweden, now maturing in Japan

Postby nhoover » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Proshow Producer 8 doesn't support Japanese text either. This is a glaring omission in 2017 and really should be implemented quickly. Capturing images and pasting them here and there is not a solution. Every other application I use on my PC supports Japanese and has for some time. This really makes Producer look bad. I've been a user since 2008 but am now looking for another solution since I require occasional Japanese text mixed in with English in my shows.

Do we have any hope for this feature in the near future?

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion