PSP running on Mac?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

PSP running on Mac?

Postby BrendaL » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Hello,

I am new to PSP and currently unsure where to install PSP (on Windows PC or Mac/VMware).

I have used Mac exclusively for 10yrs + and a bit reluctant to start working on PC.
Just wanted to get an idea if running PSP 7 on Mac/VMware/Windows 10 is a robust platform? Are there any problems associated with linking to third party tools (such as Photoshop) from Mac/VMware/PSP to Mac/Photoshop etc. Are there many people running PSP on Mac's?

Any advice/recommendations appreciated.

Cheers
Brenda

Re: PSP running on Mac?

Postby athesen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 am

I was a devoted Mac user until I tried running Proshow under VMWare. It crashed constantly. Not sure why. It could be the emulator or the computer. Anyway I tried widows 10. I liked it so much that I abandoned OSX and converted all my stuff to win10. (An embarrassing act for a devout Mac fan). Now I am running Proshow producer 7 without any problems at all.

No regrets now that windows actually woks well

Postby athesen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:36 am

One more thing. If you already own photoshop for the Mac you can call abode, and they will change your license to work under Windows.

Postby marma0525 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:07 am

I use PSP since 2008 and switched from Windows to MAC a few years ago. I'm using Parallels and Windows 10 on my 15" MAC Book Pro for PSP operations. This works fine, but only when I "Isolate Windows from Parallels". In the Parallels menu you have the option to isolate Windows via the "Configure" command. Once Windows is isolated PSP renders video files without any issue and I can also load 4k video files into PSP. The trick is: Isolate Windows!
Hope this is helpful.
Matthias

Postby harpo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello,

I've been using ProShow Producer since I changed from Windows to Mac in mid 2010 with Parallels and currently VMWare Fusion.

In that time I've kept up to date with the latest versions of Windows, Mac and ProShow Producer upgrades.

I have followed the instructions from the Photodex Website on running ProShow on a Mac have hardly had any problems.

Enjoy using ProShow.

John

Return to PSP - General Discussion