preview a style before applying it

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

preview a style before applying it

Postby silversmith » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:46 pm

Now that I've upgraded to producer version 7, I seem to have lost a simple functionality. When I click on a style for a group of layers for a slide, I can APPLY it and then come out to view it in the show. But I used to be able to click on a style and preview how it would look before I actually applied it.
Can this preview before apply still be done? Thank you.

Esteemed Member

Re: preview a style before applying it

Postby Marie78 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:36 pm

Hi

It's still working verify on the right and bottom of the preview windows if "Preview on" or "Preview off" is written and click on this mention to change
Chris Marie

Postby silversmith » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:33 pm

I am grateful for your response, but I am having trouble finding a "preview" choice. Specifically, I put, for example, 5 images on a slide. Then click on effects, and look at styles with 5 layers. If I click on one, I see in the right column the name and a stock picture that came with the style and some details at the bottom, but no preview of my images. The bottom right toolbar has "apply to slide" and "done". The same bottom toolbar on the left side has items not related to preview. Please let me know where I am missing the boat to find a "preview" choice. Many thanks.

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Double click on slide to Open Slide Options. Select EFFECTS tab if it's not selected.
In upper left corner you'll see the slide number. Below that you'll see the following options: Slide Settings, Slide Style, Slide Sound and Default Background. Click on "Slide Style" to select. Now select the style as before. In the lower right of the preview screen, see "preview on" or "preview off" ... it it's the latter, click on it to turn the preview ON.

That should get you started...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby silversmith » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Hurray! Not intuitively obvious, but I have it. Many thanks.
Peter

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:42 am

Hi
silversmith wrote:...Specifically, I put, for example, 5 images on a slide. Then click on effects...

To complete the excellent answer of im42n8, note than the Effects button is mainly used to manage effets : add, delete, create effets or change their category...

All what you have to do on a specific slide must be done after having double clicked on it...

Hope this will help...
Chris Marie

Postby silversmith » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:40 am

Yes I understand now. I was going directly to the EFFECTS, not double clicking the slide. Thanks again. Best wishes.

Return to PSP - General Discussion