Caption question

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Caption question

Postby pete424 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:58 pm

I am working in the latest release of Producer. I am using a slide style that has 3 layers. The main image, a drop shadow and a duplicate image. I'm attempting to add a caption that will stay attached to the main image. All my attempts so far have produced a caption that remains fixed in position relative to other layers. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Caption question

Postby im42n8 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Well, there's one way to do it that may work for you. Make sure you review the result, however.

This is a top level version of what you can try:
1) duplicate the main image layer, 2) convert that image layer to a text layer, 3) Add the desired text to the text layer. The motion of the text layer will be the same as that of the main image layer.

That's the basics of it. There are potential problems, however. Mitigate them by making sure the layer that has all the "motion" is the first layer when duplicated. The duplicate layer will then be the top layer when converted. Whenever the conversion takes place, review the text layer's keyframes and make sure they're all there (effects tab AND text effects tab). That should get you started. Note that if the original layer's zoom settings will also occur on the text layer that got created from the duplicate of that original layer.

The better way "might" be to simply duplicate the keyframes on a text layer that the desired layer has: same time locations and same settings (pan, tilt, rotate...). Next play with the caption settings on the text effects layer. If necessary, set the text box size (to limit how wide the caption becomes, for instance) ... do this on the text settings tab. Here, you can place the text more effectively using the position settings. This top level info should get you started ...

Good luck.

Dale

PS. There's a bug in ProShow that will most likely appear if you don't pay attention to the limitation on creating the caption layer I gave above. If you do not, the "caption" layer will have all all keyframes removed but 2, the first and one other. That 2nd keyframe will be somewhere in the middle of the timeline. That will, undoubtably NOT be what you want. By the way, what was described above (2nd paragraph, steps 1 - 3) is effectively the same as Barbara's tutorial describes ... Except for the mention of how to avoid associated bug.
Last edited by im42n8 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby mezigue » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:02 am

Hello,
Very interesting !!
Thank you Dale !

Have a nice day... :D

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:04 am

Have a look at Barbara's tutorial:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23839