Switch to full style
Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Post a reply

Producer8 - Did we lose drag and drop?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:06 pm

In all previous versions I've been able to drag images directly to the timeline or slide-list bar. My workflow typically involves organizing and sequencing images in a PS Elements album and then I select-all those images and drag them to the Producer timeline bar and it maintained the sequence properly. In Producer 8 I can no longer drag directly to the timeline from any external program, not elements, not windows explorer etc. It only seems to work from files displayed in producer's file list tool. Has anyone else noticed this or know if this is by design, in which case it aseems a backward step, or potentially a bug?

Re: Producer8 - Did we lose drag and drop?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:25 pm

I don't see any change.
I just dragged pictures from Windows Explorer, from FastStone Image Viewer, and from Corel PaintShop Pro 7.
Didn't notice any issue.
I am still using Windows 7, BTW :D

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:53 am

Hi, I upgraded to version 8 and just checked. I can still drag and drop pix into my show. That's with Windows 10 too.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:39 am

Hi

It's OK with Producer 8 and Windows 7

Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:18 am

Thanks to all for your responses. Very much appreciated. Now I just need to figure out why it isn't working on this new Win 10 PC with Producer 8.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:07 am

I have Windows 10 and Proshow 8. I cannot drag and drop from file explorer. If there's a fix, I'd like to hear about it.
Darlene

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:01 pm

G'day

I have a trial ver of PS8 and Win10 and CAN drag and drop ok from explorer and other programs.
I have just realised that the ver of PS8 I'm trialing is 8.0.3645 so it might be the upgraded ver that's doing it.

Carl

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Ver 80.3465 is the one I have too. Drag and drop is working with windows 10.
I'll hold off on any updates until we find out if that's the answer.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Delete (or rename) the existing ProShow.phd file. Then restart ProShow. It's likely the PHD file got "corrupted" and needs a refresh. That should fix the problem. If getting completely out of ProShow (after experiencing this drag-and-drop problem), re-opening it, and the drag-and-drop attempts still fail to work ... Your best bet is to make ProShow re-create the PHD file.

Dale

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:13 pm

G'day again

I have just uninstalled PS 8.0.3645 and installed 8.0.3648 Trial only and can still drag & drop from any other program, using Win10.

Carl

Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:20 am

I deleted the ProShow.phd file and then reopened Producer 8. I still could not drag and drop from file explorer. I then upgraded from 8.3645 to 8.3648, restarted my computer and then opened Producer. I still could not drag and drop. I have Windows 10. I also turned off Norton Security, but that did not help either.
Darlene

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:03 am

So strange! I hope someone can figure this out soon. Drag and drop is important.

Have you checked to see if you can still drag pictures into other programs?

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:18 am

A similar problem with Photoshop.Maybe this will help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wrmbZSAWw

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:12 am

Tdew: Yes, I can drag and drop from file explorer to Photoshop.

John54: I followed the instructions in the YouTube video but am still unable to drag and drop in Producer.

Thanks for the suggestions. Darlene

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:07 am

Any updates on this situation? Has Photodex had any suggestions?
Post a reply