Explosion transition

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Explosion transition

Postby bonalymac » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:51 am

Does anyone know of any explosion transitions.

The only ones I can see in my set-up are a Comic Explosion series which is not really what I want.

Ideally, what I'm after is to blow up just part of an image (actually a garden gnome), but I suspect I won't get that. I'm just planning a simple 6 or 7 slide show for someones birthday, and the exploding gnome would be the centrepiece!

So an explosion, or a shatter or similar of the whole slide might just do the trick.

Thanks
Colin

Re: Explosion transition

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:23 am

I can shatter things but a lot depends on the layout of the picture itself. If you have a specific gnome image and want to explode or shatter it separately from the background that adds to the difficulty. The sample below I did by just googling a gnome image and adding a solid background. How you want to transition also comes into play. In other words, need more info.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/242 ... ter_01.wmv 15 seconds, 5MB

Some of the sellers here may also have pre-made transitions that may work better than my sample, but don't know of any off the top of my head.

Joe

PS I have a number of explosions with smoke and fireballs, etc but again it depends on your specific needs whether or not they would work.

Postby bonalymac » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:59 am

Joe

Thanks for offering. I'll happily pay you a reasonable sum for doing something. It would be much appreciated.

To be honest, I think the sample you've done would be fine.

This is just a jokey show for someone who is not a photographer, for her 60th birthday. I have teased her incessantly about Harold, her gnome (there is only one)! I've threatened to shoot it, to blow it up ......all of course in jest.

So for her birthday, I wanted a very short show with whatever I could manage. I have the gnome as a png cut-out, and I've even managed to fill in the blank background (badly I'll admit, but adequate for this purpose)

This link https://adobe.ly/2jwkm5c shows the images I have. The images were still uploading when I checked

Let me know what you think

Colin
Colin

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Colin,

Let me see what I can do for you. The images that you linked to were pretty small. The cutout was only 28KB.

If you have larger versions that would be better. The cutout of "Harold" actually was a jpg but that's easy enough to fix.

I'll have a sample for you shortly. What size would work best for you, 1280x720, 1920x1080?

Joe

Postby bonalymac » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Joe

Might as well try for 1920 x 1080. The original images are a pretty decent size.

I had to put a jpg on the lightroom site, as it didn't want to display a png apparently. I'm just sending them up to SmugMug which will take pngs.

I'll send you a PM when they get there.

Thanks again.

Its now after midnight in the UK, so I'm of to bed

Colin
Colin

Postby bonalymac » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Joe

Easier just to do it here.

https://colinmcdphoto.smugmug.com/Gnome/

Thanks

Colin
Colin

Postby heckydog » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:18 am

Colin,

Have a look and see if this will work for you.

Here's what I did:
1. I left part of the legs there so the pieces have something to fall around and it appears they're falling onto the grass. What's not visible are shape layers that prevent the pieces from falling straight down and out of the video, which wouldn't look right in this instance. Also, imho, I think it's a bit funnier to leave the legs. :roll:

2. I added the black areas to each side to hide the pieces that fall outside of the border of the photo. There are 200 pieces so not all of them stay in view.

3. There's about 3 seconds at the beginning and ending of the video if you want to add transitions, etc.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/242 ... ter_01.mp4 17 seconds long, 9.7MB (right click and save as... or save link as...)

Joe

Postby bonalymac » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:25 am

Joe

That is perfect. I think you're right to leave a stump there for the bits to fall around

Your other comments are fine.

I'll now top and tail this with an intro slide etc.

Can I pay something for this. It really is much appreciated.

I'll let you see the finished product. I'm not sure when we're presenting it. there is a get together on a different day from her birthday, so I'll probably finish it at the weekend.

Once again many many thanks

Colin
Colin

Postby heckydog » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Colin,

Happy to hear it suits your needs.

If you want to, make a donation to the forum, any amount you feel is appropriate, but I don't need any payment.

I look forward to seeing how it fits into your slide show.

Joe

Postby Riekelt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Even without the smoke and fireballs i am very impressed with your skills Joe :shock:
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Postby bonalymac » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Joe

Excellent idea. I've just made a donation. so thanks again.

By the way the Donation button was hard to find.

Colin
Colin

Postby heckydog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:31 am

Riekelt wrote:Even without the smoke and fireballs i am very impressed with your skills Joe :shock:

Thanks Riekelt, but it's maybe 5% skill, 5% inspiration, 90% watching loads of tutorials over the years and having 5% of that actually stay in my brain. :wink:

Joe

Postby bonalymac » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Joe

I'll send you a pm with the location of the finished show.

Although the birthday was on 24th Jan, the party is tomorrow, the first suitable date for everyone.

Once again, many thanks for the help.

Colin
Colin

Postby heckydog » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:29 pm

Okay, thank you.

Joe

Return to PSP - General Discussion