Quality of mp4 Picture Shows

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Quality of mp4 Picture Shows

Postby harpo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:26 pm

I have done about 100 family mp4 picture shows over the years using Proshow Producer, all being still images of high quality.

I have just started to realise the quality of the shows are not the same as playing them directly through Proshow itself before it is converted to an mp4 file.

I was wondering what other peoples thoughts were on this?

Thank you for your time.

John

Esteemed Member

Re: Quality of mp4 Picture Shows

Postby Marie78 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Hello

Yes the quality of the display is not as good as the one you can get when exporting with good parameters.

It's also true with exe files now
Chris Marie

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:38 am

I have had good results using 720P for any shows I have created (most of the newer TV's have a usb port on them - you can put the mp4 on a thumb drive and play it directly in the TV). exe files are a special case and depend on what hardware you are running them on - they are essentially a player wrapped in an exe shell with converted versions of all your images etc. stored in the exe file and it renders the show on the fly when it is running so it depends on the hardware platform (and it has to be a windows machine) exactly how it looks. I tend to avoid exe files for a number of reasons including the fact that many people (justifiably) will refuse to put an exe on their machines because to the potential for malware these days.
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 am

HI Mickey
gpsmikey wrote:I have had good results using 720P for any shows I have created ....

The question is not about the mp4, who are OK, but about the preview when creating a show : I also find that this preview is not high quality.
Chris Marie

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:17 am

Hello John,

yes, I've also noticed.
I made a Panoramafoto and scaling it from "Fit to frame" to "Fill to frame". Now I can se it is a littel blurred. In my "exe" an "Video" it is perfectly sharp. I think it is a thing
from the software an Photodex must it improve. We must ask Photodex why.

Best regards Dieter

Postby harpo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:06 am

I'm running Proshow Producer on the windows side of an iMac with VMWare Fusion, screen resolution is 5120 x 2880 and the quality an MP4 is really noticeable.

I have since done a test to see which is best 1080 or 720 and 1080 is the best on my screen. My thoughts are it's probably best to stick with 1080 because it's the latest.

Playing a Picture Show back on a HD TV is still quite good quality because your not sitting close to the screen.

I would like to thank you all for your replys.

John

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:21 am

Indeed, 1080p is best all the way around. For YouTube, try rendering to AVI, saving it to your computer, and then go to YouTube and upload from there. Less compression seems to occur.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - General Discussion