Big bad flipping bug!

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Big bad flipping bug!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:40 am

In the process of helping a customer, I couldn't figure out why replacing a horizontally flipped image with another image worked for me but not for him. Then the difference between us was discovered. He right-clicks the layer, using Select; I drag in the new image and drop it on top of the layer. As it stands right now, Select is buggy.

I've reported this to Photodex, but in the meantime, beware! If you as a user spot strangeness when replacing an image, create a new slide with your preferred image(s) and reapply the style. For all of you who create styles, watch out! I currently have two sets of styles I dare not launch without issuing a dire warning to customers about the bug. I absolutely hate pointing out a bug to customers.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Big bad flipping bug!

Postby cherub » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:47 am

Thank you for letting us know, Barbara.
I've noticed several other bugs related to flipped images, and have reported them too.
But, having to wait a whole year for fixes, is a bit unsettling, to say the least.

Re: Big bad flipping bug!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:59 am

It turns out that when fixing a similar issue in version 7, they managed to upset the flipping flips. It's slated for repair, but like you said, we have to wait. And wait. And wait.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - General Discussion