Help! Is it possible to lock keyframes?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Help! Is it possible to lock keyframes?

Postby willows26 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi....I'm new to here, but not so new to Proshow. I've been doing a project for someone that needs to be done rather soon. A problem I'm currently having occurs when I need to extend the time length of a slide after I've already loaded it with keyframes. When I extend the slide's time length to add new information to it...the existing keyframes are suddenly dislodged from their points on the timeline and redistributed proportionally over the slide's new length. What I want them to do is maintain their positions (timewise) so that I can add this new information beyond the point where they originally ended. As it stands now, I have been going back and returning each keyframe to where it was on the timeline so that it won't interfere with the new keyframes I will be adding to the slide's new and extended length.

I've looked, and maybe it's there and I'm not seeing it, but is there a way to lock the existing keyframes in position so they won't move when I add to the slide's time length? I'd appreciate any information anyone could give me, even if it's just a redirection to somewhere on here where this issue has already been addressed. Thanks kindly! - Brad

Re: Help! Is it possible to lock keyframes?

Postby cherub » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi Brad, and welcome to the forum.

What you need to do, is to Add Time after a selected keyframe, in a selected layer. Once added, the total slide time will be adjusted accordingly, but the previous keyframes on the other layers will stay put, as you want them. Just right click on a keyframe, and from the menu that opens, choose Add/Remove Time. In the next menu write the number of seconds that you want to add.

Sometimes this gets a bit tricky, and how you do this, pretty much depends on how your slide is built, and the way layers enter and then exit the slide.
Normally you should choose the layer that is the last to exit the slide, and add time after the last keyframe.
Then, drag these last keyframes of this layer to the correct time that they were previously, on your new and longer timeline.
The other layers will not change.

Other times you will find that it is necessary to add an additional keyframe in one of the layers, and add time to it.

It's hard to give you specific instructions, as I don't know on what kind of slide you are working on.

But, keep in mind that if you add time to a keyframe that appears during the Transition, you will increase the transition duration, and you don't want to do this.
Therefore, the easiest way to accomplish this, is first to change the time of the transition that comes after your slide to 0 (zero) and work from there. When you are done, you can put back the original time of the transition.

Postby willows26 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Well Mona.........that was a huge success! Can't thank you enough; you really know your stuff! Where can I send the cheque? :D

Postby cherub » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:17 pm

:D :D :D
Happy to be of help.

Return to PSP - General Discussion