px from Photodex server will not play

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

px from Photodex server will not play

Postby northward » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:30 am

The ProShow px file format I use rarely these days. But many of my earlier shows I have only in this format on my machine. They play well with the current Presenter, version 9.0.0.3793. Yet none of my material uploaded to the Photodex server will play anymore. Is this one of the fatalities due to the company's situation? Has this been known and addressed in the forum? I just found out right now...
Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Re: px from Photodex server will not play

Postby ginger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi,

I was able to view them doing this (I'm running Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge on my pc.) :

Open Microsoft Edge and browse to one of your shows.
For me, in the upper right corner are 3 horizontal dots. Click on that and then select "Open with Internet Explorer". This will open Internet Explorer 11 (or possibly another older version of IE) that's stored somewhere on your computer, and will open your show.

Let me know if that works. It does for me.

If you don't have Microsoft Edge, it's still possible you have Internet Explorer 11 or earlier on your computer somewhere, and you can just open in that directly.

EDIT: Their current browser is called Microsoft "Edge" now, not Internet Explorer. I changed it in my post above.

ginger
Last edited by ginger on Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ginger » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm

My instructions have been modified a little in my post above.

ginger

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you Ginger for your help. Just opening my Photodex site in IE 11 did it and all functions well. So, the problem seems to be an issue between Presenter and Firefox!? I'll check that out on some other machines. Thanks again, great that some things on this forum still work well! Cheers Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Postby heckydog » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:34 pm

To add to Ginger's comment...

You can download and save your Presenter shows to your PC so you'll always have a copy of them. With the way things are going with Photodex these days, who knows what will happen in the future.

When you open one of your shows in IE, Presenter puts a temporary copy of it in your AppData>Local>Temp folder. Go to the temp folder and you'll see a file in the form of psgXXXX.tmp where XXXX is a number. Once it's fully buffered to the temp folder, right click the file, drag it to your desktop, and COPY it to the desktop. Don't move it, copy it.

Once it's there you can change the psgXXX to a name of your choice, and change the tmp extension to px. You can do that with all your shows one at a time. You don't have to wait for the show to finish playing. Just compare the show file size to the size of the temp folder. When they're close to each other, the file has finished buffering and you can copy it to your desktop or any other place you choose.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:29 pm

You read my mind, Joe. This was to be my next query. I remember that I noted down the procedure years ago. But like so many other things in life, I haven't been able to find the note...
Thanks a lot!
Wolf

Postby Riekelt » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanx for the tip:

You can download and save your Presenter shows to your PC so you'll always have a copy of them. With the way things are going with Photodex these days, who knows what will happen in the future.

I made also a copy on my HD off all the install extra's Upgrade 9.0.3797, Styles, Effects and Transitions I bought at Photodex through the years....

Riekelt
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Return to PSP - General Discussion