Switch to mobile style

Future of Photodex/Proshow

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Future of Photodex/Proshow

Postby obeeone » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:20 pm

G'day

I know nothing about it or when this new program will be available. I suggest you keep an eye on the choice slides link. I was just passing on the link after coming across a message about it in another section.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:33 am

Hello Forum,

what do you think about "Choice Slides"? Is that the futures of ProShow?

Best regards Dieter

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank obeeone for that information. quetzal

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:49 am

Hi everyone,
With the new program. Is it the deadline of ProShow Enthusiasts forum?.

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:16 pm

quetzal wrote:With the new program. Is it the deadline of ProShow Enthusiasts forum?.

I'm sure a lot of the folks who have been coming here will migrate to another forum if and when a replacement comes along. That being said, there are still a lot of people who will continue to use the ProShow products and will look here for help, ideas, etc. For that reason this forum will remain long into the future.

Mike

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:12 pm

Hello,

Photodex should revise the Programm!!!! They know what we Need !!! We have it said often!!! Do Nothing is a stepp backwards!!
PSP is a wonderfull Software, I love it and I am waiting for a update to PSP 10. Hey Photodex what you are doing??
Please wake up the customers are waiting for you.

Best regrads Dieter

Postby obeeone » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 pm

Mike
Good to hear you will keep this forum going.
Regards

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:30 am

Hello

MG - Admin wrote:I'm sure a lot of the folks who have been coming here will migrate to another forum if and when a replacement comes along. That being said, there are still a lot of people who will continue to use the ProShow products and will look here for help, ideas, etc. For that reason this forum will remain long into the future.

Mike

Good news
Chris Marie

Postby Betty » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:42 am

Valued Member

Postby jskintauy » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi All,

Just looked at the teaser about the new programs (Director and Creator) and I must admit, I love the new feature list and that it will be 64-bit. Also, a Mac version is coming! It is interesting that lack of a Mac version of Proshow Producer actually tipped me to give up using MacBook Pro's in favor of the Microsoft Surface. I just hated not being able to run Proshow properly on my mobile device. Proshow Producer works great on my Surface. I like the Surface, but would consider another Macbook in the future.
It looks like this is the future. My only hope is that the firm that is producing the new software will be half as good as Photodex. As I've previously said, I really appreciated the strong customer service I always received from them. I think the quality of the company is a big reason why a resource like Proshow Enthusiasts exists. I am sure a similar forum will form for the new software and if it is nurtured by the software company, it will thrive. We'll keep doing what we've been doing...waiting and hoping the Photodex legacy is in good hands.
In the meantime, I still have Proshow Producer 9 and it still works great. I still have many more stories to tell using it!
Jim S

Postby Riekelt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:28 pm

I've been keeping an eye on the developments around Proshow for a long time now and through a newsletter from Jenniffer, I have been kept well informed ( including occasional gift such as free slidestyle's or transitions Thanx Jennifer) :)
With the arrival in future of Director and Creator I am very curious as a Proshow 9 user how the upgrade to these programs will be like.
In the passed years I have bought several extra purchases / extensions / courses at Photodex and some individuals such as Jennifer. from choiceslides. I have gradually built up a whole collection now.
I understand from the newsletters that the self made shows can be 100% used in Director / Creator but my hope is that my big collection of styles and transitions I bought can completely be uploaded in Director / Creator. Even more important than the selling price of this new program....
So the best thing for me would be if this was a major upgrade of the 9.0 to 10.0 version, but I read in te newsletter thats a complete new program, not a Photodex product ......( fingers crossed )
But I stay positive and I am happy that there are big activities again and that I am very curious about the result after the years of radio silence and a freezing at Photodex.
I will do my best to give positive feedback on the result because I 200% enjoy Proshow Producer 9.0 and I have not yet come across a good replacement....
I am a MAC user and bought after one year Proshow-web a Windows10 (64bit...)computer specialy for Proshow so this news from Jennifer is music to my ears;

In addition to the feature list below, I want to specifically point out that both of these new programs will be available for the Mac Platform (Yay!!!). But.....not right way (Boooo!!!). The Mac version needs just a little more time to gestate, but not much. You can expect the Mac Version to be released shortly after the Windows version. But wait....Each License can be used on 2 computers, no matter what platform. That means if you purchase a license for the Windows platform as soon as it's released, when the Mac version comes out you'll be able to enter that same registration key on your Mac. No extra purchase necessary!

Yay!!!!.....

Greetings from Holland
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Postby nannybear » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:44 am

Wow glad I had a question yesterday and found out about this! Hi everybody! Nice to see your faces :lol:
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby hcajones » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:20 am

Hello. It seems that Photodex is defunct (as a company), and the web site monitor did a post about a new Director and Creator program that may come out that will apparently be somewhat user-friendly for ProShow users. But I'm having a hard time following the posts to try to figure out where this program is coming from and other basic info. Is this a new company? Is this former ProShow people setting up shop elsehwere? Is this a new product from an existing company? Does anybody know where there might be more info about the Director and Creator program or when it might be available?

Thank you.

Harlan

Postby fugge » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:32 am

The article referred by obeeone looks very interesting.
Any updated information about that new product?

Regards
Fredrik

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:42 am

hcajones wrote:Hello. It seems that Photodex is defunct (as a company), and the web site monitor did a post about a new Director and Creator program that may come out that will apparently be somewhat user-friendly for ProShow users. But I'm having a hard time following the posts to try to figure out where this program is coming from and other basic info. Is this a new company? Is this former ProShow people setting up shop elsehwere? Is this a new product from an existing company? Does anybody know where there might be more info about the Director and Creator program or when it might be available?

Thank you.

Harlan

These 2 programs are developped by a Dutch company. It's a new software that could take in charge many ProShow functions. It seems that it has been created and developed by some of the original developers of ProShow. You could get more infos here : https://choiceslides.com/
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion