Help with photo scanning, upload and download of iso file.

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
legacydvd

Help with photo scanning, upload and download of iso file.

Postby legacydvd » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:52 am

I am looking to find some kind of branded software that has scanning and basic manipulation of photos. I would then like the ability of the customer to upload his images to a site. I would then download the images, create a show and upload an iso file to a site where the customer would download the iso image and burn to dvd. Does anyone have a direction for me to explore. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Postby marmart » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:40 pm

Not sure if you mean "software" that can scan photos?? Your customer could "scan" the photos himself (as opposed to you doing that) and upload say to HP Photosmart Share. Our kids put there pix there and I can download the bunch of'em in a flash. There are sites where you can upload files for others to access for a certain amount of time. Would seem to me although, unless this is someone you know quite well, that you should burn the DVD and mail to him...especially if you run a business.

My 2 cents :)

Peace,

Mary

legacydvd

Postby legacydvd » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:10 am

Let me more specific. I wish to expand my business to out of town funeral homes. Because time is of the essence, I would have them scan the families photos and upload them to me. I would then download the images and create the show and then upload the iso image to them to download and burn to DVD for display at the funeral service. They could then order additional dvd copies from me with the artwork on case and dvd. So that being said, because this is for funerals, most orders need to be completed in a 24-48 hour timeframe.

I would want to make the process as simple as possible for the funeral homes to run the software to accomplish these tasks. I would be great if I could have a branded program that would scan the images, have basic image manipulation (ie. rotate, color correct, and number), uploading of photos, downloading of iso image, and finally burning to dvd.

Postby nannybear » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:44 am

It would depend on the scanner they have as to what software was being used. Check out the software that comes with scanners and see what they look like.....Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - General Discussion