Now you've all done it!!!

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Now you've all done it!!!

Postby hiloduffer35 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:21 am

Well, you've finally done it! Just a year with PSG and I've made the BIG JUMP to PS Producer. I guess that means that I get to "start over" with the learning curve, again!!!!! So, everyone out there - get ready for questions, desperate cries for help and major screams because something just won't do what I want it to do!!!! Don't have a lot of time to spend playing with this just now, so pray for me!!!!!
Elizabeth

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:52 am

Elizabeth,

Congratulations! Now you'll have to send mgregg99 a picture so you can have a fancy new avatar to go along with your new psp!
We are all here on standby... ready to help.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Q & A

Postby SandyB » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:54 am

Elizabeth,

Made the big jump to Producer in August and I think the learning curve is steep. Probably won't be able to answer any of your questions, but I'll look foward to what the pros post.

The concensus seems to be that the upgrade is worth it. Some of the suggestions I've read involve a lot of wine drinking.

Good luck!
Sandy

Postby trulytango » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:52 pm

Hi there

Congrats on taking the big leap... main thing I would advise you to do is check out Jennifer Week's tutorials (Vidqueen). They are so very, very helpful and informative.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalb ... alb=124704

Good luck and enjoy the program

iris
UK

Jump to Producer

Postby hiloduffer35 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:30 pm

Thanks everyone. I think the "wine" suggestion is good, also the suggestion to check the tutorials!!! I'm sure I'll be using both in copious amounts!!!! Oh well, what's life worth, if you can't try something new regardless of my gray-haired old age - as to the photo!!!...!!! I'd have to look in my archieves for one when I was twenty-something! A new one would scare all of you to death (me included)! Grannys have to have some privacy.
Cheers and one to Producer for 30 min. or so!
Elizabeth

Welcome

Postby HunnyB » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:37 pm

Just going from Producer 2.6 to 3.0 has been a challenge.
Take lots of notes, and view everything on KEYFRAMING.
Oh, and, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.
It's really cool when the lightbulb goes off and you finally say,
awwww, that's how that is done!!!!!!

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi, Iris! You and I are in the same place. I just bought Producer, and so far, the light bulb HunnyB mentions has gone merely from black to very dim.

As for the avatar, I almost didn't do it because there hasn't been a photo taken of me in nine years. What you're looking at here is nearly a decade younger than I am now. Still have the grin, but everything around it has developed a certain droopy-drawers aspect.

Go ahead and cheat! I did.

--Barbara

Return to PSP - General Discussion