Tribute for Sister

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Tribute for Sister

Postby srq102 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:31 am

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member here for a long time and it's been a long time since I posted here because I have to do a lot of studying for D.E.P. licensees for my job . Anyway, I need your help please.
One of my dear sisters just passed away and I want to make a tribute show for her children and the rest of the family. I've searched for a template specifically for tributes but no luck.

I have watched some of the tribute shows posted by members and they are very beautiful. If any one has a tribute template, christian instrumental music, backgrounds related to tributes. I sure would appreciate your help. I suppose you can post them in the member created files section but would really appreciate it if you could email them to me at rickgriffin1958-psp@yahoo.com

Thanks much,
Rick Griffin

PS

Postby srq102 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:06 am

Hi again,

If anyone knows where I can purchase a tribute template. Please let me know.
:) Thanks,
Rick

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:48 am

Very sorry to hear about your sister. As far as the template goes,
others may have a different take on it, but I don't think you will
really find one. Tributes tend to be very personal and very tightly
tied into the family / person's life and as such are usually unique.
The best thing I can suggest is looking at what others have done
(search for "tribute" or "memorial", and use ideas you see there
to build yours. There are actually two parts -- putting the show
together and the (often harder) part of finding/collecting the pictures
you want to use in the show. Be careful not to focus too much
on a template or show itself and neglect working the issue of
getting the pictures you need from friends and family (and if
someone can help with scanning that is even better). Been down
this path - it is a tough road and I wish you well (the good news
is the family is usually absolutely thrilled with anything you put
together with pictures of their loved on in it).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby srq102 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:06 am

gpsmikey wrote:Very sorry to hear about your sister. As far as the template goes,
others may have a different take on it, but I don't think you will
really find one. Tributes tend to be very personal and very tightly
tied into the family / person's life and as such are usually unique.
The best thing I can suggest is looking at what others have done
(search for "tribute" or "memorial", and use ideas you see there
to build yours.

Hi Mikey,
I appreciate your condolences.
I kind of figured as much. Guess I'll just have to put the time in myself, probably best that way. It's just that with working and studying it's kind of difficult. I did search the forum and found some very nice work and did get some great ideas. When all done with the show I'll post here for review.

Thanks again,
Rick

There are actually two parts -- putting the show
together and the (often harder) part of finding/collecting the pictures
you want to use in the show. Be careful not to focus too much
on a template or show itself and neglect working the issue of
getting the pictures you need from friends and family (and if
someone can help with scanning that is even better). Been down
this path - it is a tough road and I wish you well (the good news
is the family is usually absolutely thrilled with anything you put
together with pictures of their loved on in it).

mikey

Postby nannybear » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:40 am

Hi Rick, I f you have seen what you wanted in a member's work don't hesitate to contact that member and ask them if they would share a template of the show. We are a pretty accomodating bunch. I just lost my mom so I know how you feel, please accept my condolences. Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

hanesian

Postby hanesian » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:29 pm

Rick,

My sincere condolences about your sister. Like a few others, I've tackled the memorial tribute project several times, and it is both wonderful and difficult at the same time. If you can manage it, such a show can be a wonderful and much appreciated gift to her family.

Now, from a practical standpoint, I'd echo what others have said about there being no 'template.' Still, there are, as you've seen, a number of similar tribute shows that might help give you some ideas.

A key issue is timing. If you need to produce this for a funeral/memorial in coming days, that will drive all other aspects of the project, as you'll be so pressed for time. If, on the other hand, you are not pressed to finish it in a few days, it opens up more scope for you. Just getting your hands on pictures and getting them scanned in can be a big project in itself, and then of course the fun begins. What is your timing?

The other thing I'd say is don't worry too much about special effects and fancy transitions, etc. This isn't the time to worry about doing anything other than showcasing and remembering your sister.

And if you are going to show this in some public setting, by all means at least offer a private 'preview' show for closest family, as there will be tears, and they will be able to be a bit more composed for the public showing.

I'll stop for now. Good luck - this is a real labor of love.

Mark

cking199

Postby cking199 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:44 am

Rick, I sent you a personal message with a couple of links I thought you might be interested in.

Carole

Postby srq102 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:03 am

Hi

I thank you all very much Carol, Mark , Jan and Mickey for your replies and support regarding the passing of my sister. I have been watching some of the tributes posted by members here and I now have a better idea of how to proceed. It might be a while before I'm done and I will post the show when the memorial is finished.

Take care everyone and thanks again,
Rick

Postby HunnyB » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey Rick. So sorry about your sister.
I think you should take your time and just let the pictures and your memories create the show.
Ask her children and the rest of the family what some of her favorite songs were.
Favorite color, favorite flower, etc.
Make the show HER show.
After my dad passed away in 04, I worked on his tribute show for a year.
My mom and family watched it on the 1st ann. of his death.
It took me that long to go through photos and slides and scan them in and organize them.
And picking out the songs was a challenge in itself.
I think I ended up with about 7 songs.
You will do just fine. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with, even if it takes awhile.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

vciro

Postby vciro » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Dear Rick,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sister. Could you please tell me (us) her first name. You and your family will be in my prayers, I am sure.

As far as the show, you might want to try to put your private and personal thoughts into words first. It can be just plain words or even a brief poem if you can. You might find that this will lead you to a show.

Again, my deepest sympathy. Please feel free to come to us for any help and support with your show.

Postby srq102 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:30 pm

[quote="HunnyB"]Hey Rick. So sorry about your sister.
I think you should take your time and just let the pictures and your memories create the show.
Ask her children and the rest of the family what some of her favorite songs were.
Favorite color, favorite flower, etc.

Thank you very much HunnyB for your condolences and those are very good suggestions. I have always taken pictures over the years and I'm so glad I did now. Those old photos that I didn't think were very good at the time are now treasures.

Make the show HER show.
After my dad passed away in 04, I worked on his tribute show for a year.
My mom and family watched it on the 1st ann. of his death.
It took me that long to go through photos and slides and scan them in and organize them.
And picking out the songs was a challenge in itself.
I think I ended up with about 7 songs.
You will do just fine. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you come up with, even if it takes awhile.

You are right, the music is very hard, so far I've found one that I will use for sure it's called " the family tree"
I found another that Carol gave me a link to, an instrumental called "amazing grace guitar"
Thanks again
Rick

HunnyB[/quote

Postby srq102 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:38 pm

vciro wrote:Dear Rick,
My deepest sympathy on the loss of your sister. Could you please tell me (us) her first name. You and your family will be in my prayers, I am sure.

As far as the show, you might want to try to put your private and personal thoughts into words first. It can be just plain words or even a brief poem if you can. You might find that this will lead you to a show.

Again, my deepest sympathy. Please feel free to come to us for any help and support with your show.

Hi Vciro, I'd be happy to tell you her name. She was Linda 59 yrs old, died of cancer left 2 children, husband, grand children and brother and sisters anf numerous neices and nephews.. We were a family of 11 and I am the baby as they call me :oops: 4 of us are now gone which leaves 7 that I have to watch die if nature takes it course.

Thank you fot the offer of help, I'm sure I will need it and willl take you up on in.
And my deepest thanks for putting us in your parayers. My sister was very religious. Memeber of the babtist church and was saved back in 1982. In fact all of my brothers and sisters were saved within the first month or so after the first sister was saved

I sincerley thank you. I feel all the warmth and support from this group. You all are very special..

Good night have to get to bed, working tomorrow

Return to PSP - General Discussion