Version 3.1 build 2010 available ...

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Carole

Postby HunnyB » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:33 am

Look at the very bottom of page, center.
There is a tiny (copy) link. Took me a while to find too.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:34 am

When I went to install it said it was an evalutaion and my one year had run out. Anyone else have this problem? thanks Jan

Yea, I am having the same problem. I checked my purchase date and it is September 13th of 2006, so it looks like I am stuck with 1992 unless I can convince Photodex to activate 3.1 with the Key I already have.
:evil:
Ben
Last edited by hardsoftware on Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby iromero » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:32 am

I think I may have determined why the file is much smaller. It seems that none of the backgrounds or masks installed with it.

Producer Version 3.1 2010

Postby mrdcambs » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:44 am

Has anyone experienced the same problem as me when trying to download the previously included content? When I clicked on Backgrounds to
download them, this was successful, but if I then click on another category, the program tells me that it is connecting to photodex, but the
percentage complete stays at 0% and never moves. When I exit the program, it tells me that internet processing is still in progress, and
do I want to quit (even though no internet processing is actually taking place). I click 'Yes' to quit, open the program again straightaway, and
then I can request another category of content download, which it successfully completes, but then repeats the above error if another
update is requested. This seems to happen even if I check for Version upgrades and then CD/DVD upgrades. Anyone else had this problem?
Regards - Mike - Helpston - UK

Postby corporallouis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:55 am

" it tells me that internet processing is still in progress " I'm getting the same thing exactly. Would NOT let me download anything after I got the backgrounds. Still trying once in a while to see if I can get in there. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same as me.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Well, I sent Photodex an email this morning about my one year being over with, not really expecting to hear back from them until monday at the earliest. Shockingly they responded a couple hours later via email with a link for me to use so that I could use my existing KEY to upgrade to version 3.1. It worked! Now lets see if I run into other problems like the ones folks are listing in this topic with the content. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Re: Producer Version 3.1 2010

Postby rkligman » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:13 pm

mrdcambs wrote:Has anyone experienced the same problem as me when trying to download the previously included content? When I clicked on Backgrounds to
download them, this was successful, but if I then click on another category, the program tells me that it is connecting to photodex, but the
percentage complete stays at 0% and never moves. When I exit the program, it tells me that internet processing is still in progress, and
do I want to quit (even though no internet processing is actually taking place). I click 'Yes' to quit, open the program again straightaway, and
then I can request another category of content download, which it successfully completes, but then repeats the above error if another
update is requested. This seems to happen even if I check for Version upgrades and then CD/DVD upgrades. Anyone else had this problem?
Regards - Mike - Helpston - UK

No problems on any of the content. BTW, I installed OVER my existing version so I already had the material but it said it wanted to DL it anyway. The only thing I noticed was 6 new backgrounds.
Rick Insane Diego...

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:40 am

corporallouis wrote:" it tells me that internet processing is still in progress " I'm getting the same thing exactly. Would NOT let me download anything after I got the backgrounds. Still trying once in a while to see if I can get in there. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same as me.

I ran into the same problem. Killing PSP and restarting it seemed to resolve the issue. It looked like it was blocking on a DNS name lookup when it was hung, so maybe there were some issues with specific DNS servers that caused it. Once I got past that it flew, though the messages that PSP returns from the media downloads are rather uninformative and almost misleading. Be nice if they told you how many new files they had found and downloaded. Though I'm not sure why I expected better. ;-)

Other than that, 2010 installed fine over my 1972 version and seems to be working fine on both my main machine and laptop.
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

Newer "NEW" version 2015 ..

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:20 pm

For what it's worth, there is now a 3.1.2015 version up at Photodex ...

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Upgrade and spell checker

Postby Penny47 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 pm

Like Cary I agree it would be great to have a spell checker, but think it may never happen. Had no problem with my install and using of the new version, but then I am way behind you all.

Penny

Re: Newer "NEW" version 2015 ..

Postby rkligman » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:56 pm

gpsmikey wrote:For what it's worth, there is now a 3.1.2015 version up at Photodex ...

mikey

Good. Maybe it fixes the bugs I've been running into in 2012(?). Maybe I'm just starting to exercise the program more but all kinds of small, but weird things are happening. Like it's confused on which layer is current in Slide options, or things disappear until you leave the slide and then come back.
Rick Insane Diego...

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion