Proshow Help needed

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
sweatherly

Proshow Help needed

Postby sweatherly » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:00 pm

A bright hello to everyone.I started using proshow several months ago and began lurking here shortly thereafter.This is quite the helpful forum.I've learned so much from all of you and feel like I almost know some of you.Theirs been many a rough spot that you have unknowingly helped me work my way out of and for that I am absolutely grateful.You've made my learning of this program that much better.With that said I'd now like to get to why I decided to pop my head up here on the forum after so much time.I recently updated my system to the 3.1 program.It is quite nice.The features seem alot easier to use and I really like just about every thing about it.Well I must admit it took me for a bit of a loop to see that there is no button to burn a dvd in the top bar anymore.Just one more step to hit output but now I'm getting sidetracked.Back to the reason I'm writing you here today.Since upgrading the program things have worked great but now I'm in a bit of a dilima.My shows are all perfectly laid out but then when I make a dvd things just don't look right when I play it back.Things are jumping all over the place.I've gone back and checked my preivew about a billion times but everything looks just fine here.I hope someone here can tell me what Im doing wrong.I'm yanking my hair out in clumps trying to get to the bottom of this which has led me to post this message.I think I've probably said way to much so I'm going to go back to lurking for the time being.I've already emailed for help at proshow but they've yet to get back to me. Thank you to any of you that might help me out there...SIMON

Postby nannybear » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:17 pm

Did you use any of Adda's templates. some of the "character's" he has in there really make things go wonking.....that's all I can think of. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:30 pm

Greetings -- You've said "things were jumping all over the place". If you mean that
the images were jumping on the screen when the transition should be smooth (but they
ended up in the right place), you may be running into a data rate issue (especially if
they also tend to get "pixelated" or "blocky"). If the player that you are playing a
dvd on can not read the data off the disk fast enough for whatever reason, then
that is the sort of thing you see (often the sound gets corrupted also). There
can be a number of reasons for this and you will just have to experiment to find
which one applies in your case:

1) don't use stick on labels for DVD's - they are OK for CD's but not DVD's - too many people have had problems.
2) Poor quality media or media that is not compatible with that player. Try playing it in a different
brand/model and see if it plays the same. Try a different brand of media (always use good
media). If you are using DVD-R, try a DVD+R if your burner supports it (also bit-setting has
helped a number of folks - some burners can do it on the +R media.
3) try lowering the quality settings for burning to the DVD - this will also lower the data rate.
4) try creating an iso file instead and using the free imgburn utility to burn the DVD.

There really is no "one size fits all" answer for the burner/media/player problem. Different
players like different media, different burners work better with different media. Some
people will tell you that +R with bit-setting is the only way to go and others will say that
doesn't work for them.

Another option for testing, although it requires some additional software, is to burn
the show to an iso file then use something like daemontools, UltraIso or others to allow
you to "mount" the iso file and play it on the computer with the normal dvd player
software that most people seem to have installed on their systems. If the iso plays
fine, then it is most likely a media/player combination that is the issue.

The nice thing about standards is there are so many to chose from ... :?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:15 pm

I think that what sweatherly is telling us is the same thing being reported here.
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=5114

It is as he says - in the output - no matter what format - things jump all over the place.
It happened to me too, and the only thing that cures it is to reinstall the program.

Please follow the procedure that I wrote there for a clean install.

sweatherly

Postby sweatherly » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 am

Thanks Jan, Mikey,and Cherub,but I only wish it was that simple.I received a call from a manager at Proshow about my problem.Hesaid this normally happens when the software has been unlocked by a hacker.I said this was rediculous as a trusted friend had given me the software as a gift.No sooner had I spoken those words than I began to get an uneasy feeling in my stomache.The gentleman from Proshow was very nice.He never accussed me of anything and offered to help me clean up my registary from the hacker software.He offered to sell me a good version but I wanted to check with my friend first.So he helped me install a try for free version in the meantime.I called my so called friend and he rather sheapishly admitted to installing the hacker software on my computer.He said he was very sorry and that he woudl get me a real copy as soon as he could.He said he had used that same hacker version on his computer and had never had any problems.I have never had a problem with my friend before and I'm still unsure of why he would do such a thing.I now feel terrible as I've never run any stolen software on my computer before in my life.Its going to be a while before I can afford Proshow as I no longer trust my friend to come through with his promises for some very good reasons I feel.Again thank you everyone for trying to help me...SIMON

Postby nannybear » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:12 am

Wow you sure learn something new everyday heh? I am sorry you had to go through this little adventure, hang in there! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - General Discussion