Styles & Transitions in ProShow Gold 4

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
Esteemed Member

Styles & Transitions in ProShow Gold 4

Postby des.tom » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:17 am

Firstly, my thanks to Barbara who sent me a copy of the files and instructions for Dave Fitzpatrick's Page Peel - I couldn't obtain access from the links in the Page Turn topic - not surprising, perhaps, as the last entry was nearly two years ago! As a newcomer to the software, I was pleasantly surprised that managed to get it to work without too much trouble.
Like a few others who posted in that topic, I was really looking for a Page Turn transition for ProShow Gold 4. I went to http://fenimorephotovideos.com/PSP/Proshow.html where Dale has two dvds of Style Bundles for Producer and as Dave had created his Page Peel for both versions - albeit slightly differently - I hoped that these might work with Gold but Dale tells me that they won't. So, I'm wondering if, in the interim, any of you clever folk have managed to come up with a Page Turn transition - or any other interesting ones for that matter - you'd be prepared to share or can suggest sources, please?

Re: Styles & Transitions in ProShow Gold 4

Postby im42n8 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:54 pm

I don't have DVDs of Styles! Just electronically provided files containing the styles.

Dave Fitzpatrick did not create the Page Peel graphics that I use. However, his graphic gave me the inspiration. Initially, I used his graphic in the first 2.x version of Producer. Then, I edited it to give it some transparency. Finally I developed my own graphic. I did a lot of bending of papers to come up with a graphic to use during the development phase.

The page curl technique I use in PSP is not between slides as Dave's is but using the layers within a slide. To get the transition to the next image working correctly and to get the "back" of the peeled image, I make extensive use of masks. As a result, PSG can't utilize my page curl styles. Instead, You'll have to use Dave's technique of using the page curl graphic on a zero time length slide with the PSG transition and zooming of the graphic to get an equivalent page curl/peel effect. Dave had a pretty good handle on how to use PSP (which wasn't as powerful then as PSG is now!!!). Pretty clever guy.

Good Luck to you all!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSG - Style & Technique