Version 3 vs 4

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
Cyclefitness

Version 3 vs 4

Postby Cyclefitness » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Hello:

I use PSG to create slideshows for families I service as a volunteer photographer for Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, an infant bereavement photography organization. I was just creating a DVD and got to wondering if there were templates anywhere for me to start exploring using it for photography clients. I then saw the new version 4.0 has "styles?" I could not, however, find a comparison that showed what's different with 4.0. Since it's so costly to keep up with software releases, I wanted to be sure I would see enough benefit from version 4.0 before buying it.

Thanks!
Deb

Re: Version 3 vs 4

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Gold has no template ability.

Gold 4 now has slide style function but limited to the Gold features and cannot use all the ones provided that are meant for Producer which has more bells and whistles.

Version 4 is a nice upgrade, just make sure you have at least 4.2549 else there are things that are buggy you won't be happy with. :|

When did you buy Gold? If you're within a year's time, you can upgrade to 4.2549 for nothing.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Cyclefitness

Postby Cyclefitness » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:38 pm

I bought it 3-3-08 ;-(

I use Vista 64-bit. Any problems there?

Postby debngar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Sorry, I'm not a Vista user so I can't say one way or another.

Version 4 is worth it. You'll get all further upgrades for another year from the date you pay again and it's only $45 or so for Gold.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Agree with Deb completely. Scan or Search for threads in the General section about the upgrade. There are several right about the start of 2009 that explain the differences.

The differences going from 3 - 4 are, I think, well worth it. The ability to use slide styles is probably the biggest single increase and that's pretty useful.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

mlanders

Postby mlanders » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:39 pm

Cyclefitness wrote:Hello:

I use PSG to create slideshows for families... using it for photography clients.... I then saw the new version 4.0 has "styles?" I could not, however, find a comparison that showed what's different with 4.0. Since it's so costly to keep up with software releases, I wanted to be sure I would see enough benefit from version 4.0 before buying it.

Thanks!
Deb

Hi Deb,

if you have got your PSG-Version long enough it makes sense to think about the "Loyalty Update" because you can buy for a little more PSP wich gives you much more freedom in creating shows for your clients:

http://www.photodex.com/purchase/loyalty

Best regards
Michael

Return to PSG - Style & Technique