Making "batch" changes

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Making "batch" changes

Postby crismahn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi Folks!

I am a very novice PSG user.

I am making a slide show. The show includes many slides that use zooming effects. I am pretty much finished with the show. But I don't care for the way the displayed image becomes larger when zoomed in. To remedy the situation I made a nice frame image and have been adding it- one slide at a time- to the show.

Is there a way to add this frame layer to all slides at once? Some sort of batch function?

Hope this question makes sense.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Making "batch" changes

Postby cherub » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi,

You can use the function "copy to all slides".

You find this if you RIGHT click on the layer (either in the Layers menu or in Motions menu) and:
Copy > Copy to all slides

This will place the copied layer, as a first layer, in all the slides of your show.

Hope this is what you want to do.

Postby crismahn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Hiya Cherub!

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for- the copy to all or copy to selected slides command. Thanks very much.

I knew there was something like it- but could not recall just what. I've also been wanting to copy other settings, too- the zoom setting of the frame layer for instance. Thanks for steering me in the right direction! Perfect!

Postby crismahn » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Actually, I guess maybe you can't copy zoom settings for a particular layer accross a batch of slides- unless of course you put the frame layer in first- before you have added all of the other content layers. Oh, well, live and learn!

Return to PSG - Style & Technique