Burn in from dark to light?

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Burn in from dark to light?

Postby ShawnR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:52 pm

I have a slide in my one and only show (so far), and playing with the brightness adjustment in Layers I was wondering if an effect could be acheived. I'd like to start off the slide very, very dark and have the slide appear to burn itself in to the original brightness. Short of having 50 slides of the same image, each with a slightly brighter setting, is there a simple way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Burn in from dark to light?

Postby DickK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:58 pm

If I understand you correctly, then sure you can do that and it's easy. First the simple thing:

Slide 1 is the dark one
<------------------------------Put a long (few sec) transition of the Crossfade blend (A/B) type
Slide 2 is the light one

That's it. The pacing of this is controlled by the time on screen for the slides and the transition time.

Now, you can have some fun here too. :D Play with a few of the transition types and see what it looks like. Soft edge dissolve, a wipe or even something like a swirl in might be interesting.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby ShawnR » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Excellent! Thanks Dick, you've just saved me several tedious and painstaking hours.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:05 am

Sure, glad we could help.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Style & Technique