After style applied, how to reduce number of layers

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

After style applied, how to reduce number of layers

Postby bernieraffe » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:39 am

The wizard has created a slide using 'no-style' and using 4 images going horizontally across. This looks nice but I only want to use 3 images, not 4.

I've edited the slide to remove the final image, but now I just get a blank area going across the screen where the 4th image used to be. I tried reducing the slide time, but that only speeded it up!!

How can I effectively 'truncate' the slide so that it moves on to the next one after the 3rd image is shown?

Thanks,
Bernie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: After style applied, how to reduce number of layers

Postby DickK » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Something about "no style" and your description doesn't make sense to me.

Styles expect the number of images that they were designed with and odd things can happen with more or fewer. It is possible to go in and edit the result to get rid of the 4th slot but a fair number of adjustments will have to be made to image positioning, motion and timing. I think the simplest option is to remove the style that's been applied and do it manually or select an alternative style that actually uses the number of images you want.

If you want to do it manually and need help. Describe the effect you want to end up with we'll see if we can help you get there.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Are you saying the images move across the screen? If that's the case, then the blank area can only be filled if you reposition the remaining 3 images so they're equally spaced--if equal spacing is what you want.

Let's assume the images go from left to right. Working only with horizontal positioning, begin layer 1 at -100 and end it at 200. Layer 2 should start at -150 and end at 150. Layer 3 starts at -200 and ends at 100. If you take a good look at the difference between the starting and ending numbers for all three layers, there's a span of 300 consistently. This will cause them all to move across the screen at the same speed while maintaining the same space in between them.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby bernieraffe » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Sorry for not replying to this, but i'd posted it in the wrong forum, should have been Producer and I posted it there afterwards.

Dick, that's probably why it didn't sound right, maybe Producer has slightly different functionality in this respect.

Barbara, you've come up with the answer very quickly, it took me a few days of to-ing and fro-ing to get there, thanks (see the same-named thread in the Producer forum)

Regards,
Bernie

Return to PSG - Style & Technique