Style Question

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Style Question

Postby heshie75v » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 pm

On the Photodex website there is a show Kelli Etheridge
The Story of Isabelle
At the end of the show there is a style where 9 or so frames come into view one
at a time and remain on the screen until all have appeared..What is this style
called and where can I get it..Is it included in Proshow 4.5???
This style would really help my project..
Thanks in advance
Herman

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Style Question

Postby DickK » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

If done in PSG, then I'm pretty sure it wasn't done with a style that's usable in PSG. There might be a PSP style for this, but if I understand what you want, a style isn't needed. I'm assuming that by

...where 9 or so frames come into view one at a time a...

you mean 9 images appear to be added to a slide one at a time.

If that's it, then by your description, this is what I call a 'build'. In the PSG, the way to do this is to create a series of slides, in this case probably 10 slides. I find it easiest to start at the end--with the one that has all 9 images on it. Get that the way you want it then copy it twice so there's 3 slides with 9 images on them. The last one isn't going to have anything happen at all, that's there so everyone sees the full group. The one before that is where image #9 is added. How it gets added is controlled by any motion you give that image layer and the transition at the start of the slide. Simplest approach is just a fade-in transition (but most transitions work). The trick is to set all the layers (the other images), except this last one, so they are 'above' the transition, they're not affected by it, but #9 is 'below' so the fade-in (for example) happens for that one.

Now back up to the one before that which is where #8 enters. #9 doesn't belong there so you can delete it (or turn that layer off) and now reset #8 to be 'below' transition and decide what (and how long) the transition into this slide will be which controls how #8 enters.

From there it's just working back through more copies deleting layers and setting transitions. There's no reason you can't do it from front to back but I find it much easier to set up all the positions on the final group first and then work back deleting the ones I don't want so I build up the final image.

This is actually a lot harder to describe in words than it is to actually do--once you've worked through it once or twice especially.

Hope that helps,
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby bonalymac » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 am

Not certain, but could it be from the Photodex StylePack 2

http://www.photodex.com/products/stylepacks/v2

The picture on the right of the middle page shows an image of the centre of one of those styles. You can watch a show featuring these effects at

http://www.photodex.com/gallery/view?pick=2401
&
http://www.photodex.com/gallery/view?pick=2401
Colin

Postby heshie75v » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:52 am

I thank you for your reply, I checked out Style pack as you suggested, however, I am using ProShow gold 4.5 and that particular style I am assuming will not work with gold.
If you can suggest anything else, it will be appreciated.,
Thanks

Postby bonalymac » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 am

Unless someone else has made one for Gold then you'll have to make it from scratch.

If you do, I suggest you make the last slide first, positioning all 9 iamges at the right size and position, then make each previous slide by copying slide 9, and removing the 9th image etc.

A fade transition between each slide would let the new image "appear". If you do make it, don't forget to save it as a template, so you can use the format again easily
Colin

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Herman,

...don't forget to save it as a template...

One word of caution--if you go looking for a way to save a template you won't find it (in PSG). But if you think you might want to reuse the sequence or use it as an example then what you want to do is to save the show under an appropriate, different name then delete all the slides except this sequence and save that. Then if you need an example, you've got it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby Oldguy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:58 pm

bonalymac wrote:save the show under an appropriate, different name then delete all the slides except this sequence and save that. Then if you need an example, you've got it.

Simple but, Very Clever !

Postby bonalymac » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:49 am

DickK wrote:One word of caution--if you go looking for a way to save a template you won't find it (in PSG).

Thanks for correcting my error. Much appreciated, hope I didn't mislead the questioner.

Never quite sure whether to respond on Gold posts. Often if you don't know it, then you should shut up. Trouble is if you use the "View new posts" then you often don't even spot what forum you're in.
Colin

Return to PSG - Style & Technique