REC Effect

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

REC Effect

Postby Martinet » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:57 am

Hello , I'd like to know if there is any style to simulate the "effect REC" as a background of a video or if not the to do it. I mean the word [REC] with a red dot blinking all the time and a battery symbol located in a corner of the screen. It appears when a cam is recordig.

Thanks
Marti

Re: REC Effect

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:21 am

It can be done in Producer, but the only way I can think of to do it in Gold would be with a video of the blinking light. One method that comes to mind is creating a long series of slides with the light going on and off, rendering it as a video, and then using the video in a slide. But I'm not sure about this because it's been a long, long time since I used Gold. Maybe someone can jump in here with a better method.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:32 pm

Nothing that springs to my mind either will get something that's like that. I keep thinking there should be a way to do it with a caption using a Wingding for the dot and that will work to get a static version. But the options for the motion you can give a caption don't make it easy at all to create a blink. Leave the blink out and you can do it with captions and/or little images but getting the blink in there will be hard.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:00 am

I saw your post yesterday and thought that would be a nice intro for me to get into creating masks and alpha channel video. I'd been reading up on it here and elsewhere so your question was nicely timed.

You can see how it looks here [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/28256351[/vimeo]

Below is the link to the overlay and how to apply it. Let me know if it's what you want.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18736

I created it at 16:9 and with frame corners. If you don't want the corners and/or want 4:3 I can easily do that. I haven't included the battery but again can do if you want it.

It took me a few hours of trial and error. Mainly in trying out different outputs from Adobe Premiere and then following some of Jennifer's video tutorial at viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13294

I'm not familiar with Gold so don't know if what I've done will work in Gold.

Tony
Last edited by Tonel on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Postby Martinet » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am

Thanks,
It's just what i was looking for. I tested It and it works out perfectly
Thanks again everybody for you help !! :-)))

Marti
Barcelona

Return to PSG - Style & Technique