Style to flip image up and off a stack

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Style to flip image up and off a stack

Postby donhall914 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 pm

A friend and I, both users of PSG, were discussing a style/transition that we would like to create. What we would like to do is to take the top photo/layer and flip it over as we move it up and off of the "stack" to reveal the photo/layer underneath. We've created styles that move the top photo/layer up and off, but making it flip over is escaping us. Is this possible in Gold? Has anyone done it already? No need to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks,
Don

Re: Style to flip image up and off a stack

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Hi Don,
If you don't want to reinvent the wheel, then....
In Gold, you have to do this in two slides and not just one :D
The first slide contains the movement up and the second slide contains the movement down.
All you need to do is simply to "continue" your movement in the second slide, precisely from where your first slide stopped - that is - at the top of the slide, where the layer "jumped".
The only difference between the two slides is in the order of your layers: the layer that is underneath in the first slide, changes position in the second slide and becomes the first in your second slide. A layer that is first, can "jump over", all the others, as you said. This is the trick :D
If you place a 0 (zero) time transition between your two slides, the whole animation looks as if one movement.

But, this effect cannot become a style, because a style contains all the movements of one slide only, and this requires two slides. These instructions are for Gold. In Producer things are quite different :D

Hope this helps.

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:24 pm

You will find more details in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15206&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=stack

Also watch my demo for this effect created some time ago in ProShow Gold
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=156353

Postby heckydog » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 pm

It sounds like Don wants to "flip" the photo as if he were lifting the photo and putting it face down on another stack. AFAIK it can't be done in PSG because you can't unlock the X and Y axis to make it appear the photo is turning.

Joe

Postby donhall914 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Joe,

You understood my question exactly. I was afraid the answer would be "Not in Gold". The problem, as you said is to unlock the x and y axis and zoom along only one axis.

Thanks,
Don

Postby cherub » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Don,
Sorry for misunderstanding you. I'm glad that Joe gave you the right answer.

Return to PSG - Style & Technique