Styles in General

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Styles in General

Postby mustfishjoe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

OK! I hope I don't get ya all CRAZY with this Question...

FIRST! I'm BRAND NEW to PSG andthis Forum. Decided to buy it to go along with my new Canon T3i Camera my better half got me for Xmas. BEFORE all of this I kinda of "downgraded" from a Film 35mm (Pentax) to a Canon Digital P&S about 6 years ago and used it extensively ALONG with Windows Movie Maker to "produce" Slide Shows". HAD A BLAST BUT with the return to a SLR (Digital) Camera I figured I could also do much better with PSG vs. WMM. I'm VERY HAPPY I MADE THE CHANGE!

Anyway I'm currently studying about 12 inches of books and manuals on both the Camera and PSG and I'm at the "Style" section AND choices...BOY...there are a LOT of Cool Choices.

My question is...is there a Source to see ALL of the available "Styles" OTHER THAN picking and experimenting with EACH ONE...one at a time. Kinda of like a "Catalog"???? Something I can look thru either in paper or online to begin to accumlate "lists" of certain "Styles" I think I would like to use?

Any help would be appreciated and IF I missed a Forum on this Subject I DO apoligize.

BTW...what I'm seeing here IS FANTASTIC...SO MANY OF YOU ARE REALLY ARTISTS AND BELONG IN HOLLYWOOD!

Re: Styles in General

Postby Bart_B » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 pm

There is no magic solution. The learning curve is part of the fun, dig in, play with them and get to know them. The only thing close to what you are asking for is in the Slide Options dialog>Slide>Slide Styles - single click a style of your choice and in the upper left corner you will see a tiny preview which will give you the general idea of what the style does. Bear in mind though that the duration of the preview is that of the slide duration itself, so if you have the slide duration set at say one second, the preview is going to zip by pretty fast and not show you much.

Bart

Postby ginger » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Also, if you do a search on YouTube for ProShow Gold built in styles, you'll find some Photodex demos that display the name of the style in a caption at the top. Same goes for ProShow Producer built in styles.

ginger

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Joe -- a warm welcome aboard!

Agree with the others, there's no way other than just trying them out. And really that's true for everything, there's no substitute for just playing with the software and seeing what stuff does--well, at least I know I can't really learn a program except that way.

Even now I have several test and experiment shows on the drive just for that purpose. I built a testing show where I put a series of slides with 1, 2... up to 5 or 6 images (layers) on the slide. Those are specifically to try out styles with the right number of pictures @ slide. I've also got a couple images with a frame, a couple with colored background, etc, etc. In one form or another my 'test show 1' has been around for years and I still use it often. I also keep a few demo (really reminder) shows on the drive--it's just a few slides that demonstrate a particular effect or something I suspect I'll want again and want to avoid the "now how did I do that before" moment.

Enjoy but drop us questions when they come up. We all started just where you are.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby mustfishjoe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 am

Dick, Ginger, Bart
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR QUICK RESPONCES!

YEAH!!! "THAT LEARNING CURVE" Guess I WAS trying to "straighten it" ;-) I kinda figured these were gonna be the responces. Dick your "Test" suggestions is EXCACTLY what I did with WMM. With every couple of new Shows I'd add something "new" to try er out and make myself (what I called) "Cheat Sheets". Got lots of compliments over the years with my Shows..."How did ya do that?"; "That's really cool!"; etc, etc. etc. BUT I ALWAYS ran into "Time Constraints" (how long) when producing WMM Shows.

Going from a 5 Mega Pixel Cannon P&S to a 18 Mega Pixel DSLR T3i I WAS hoping to continue using WMM while I got back into SLR picture taking and learning the Camera BUT my first attempt at a WMM Show with the T3i Output just didn't work SO I figured it was the Camera/Computer/Slide Show "Gods" way of telling me to get off my butt and LEARN PSG.

I WAS able to make a PSG Show BUT it's SOOO "Fundamental" and of course I WANT to use ALL the PSG Bells and Whistles NOW ;-)

YOU ARE ALL CORRECT in the just DIVING INTO IT AND I have set-up a "Test Show" to do just that.

I'm LOOKING FORWARD to learning the program and I REALLY have enjoyed seeing the Shows on this Forum. Its AMAZING what ya can do with PSG!

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT!

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Joe, first a warm welcome to one of the best forums on the internet!

One nice thing is that you can create your own style categories. For instance, if you find some styles that are perfect for fish stories, select them in the Manage Styles window and then select Categorize. In the window that appears, you'll see a list of categories and a button for adding a new category. Click the button and add "Fish Stories." Now every time you're about to tell one of those fish stories, you can open the Fish Stories category and see only fishy styles. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby mustfishjoe » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:19 am

Hey Barbara

Sounds "Fishy" to me ;-)

Yeah I KNOW, I KNOW!

I CAN'T WAIT to get into the making of Styles as well...told my "Better Half"...who has always been my BIGGEST FAN with these Slide Shows...AND BOUGHT ME the new "Toy" (the T3i)...about all PSG can do and told her of my eventual plans for "Fishing"; "Camping"; AND especially "Da Bears" Styles AND WAS REMINDED that I NEEDED to "address" the new Grandson FIRST! ;-)

"IF MAMA AIN'T HAPPY NO ONE IS"...sooo I'll probably concentrate on that FIRST ;-)

Thanks for the advice!

Postby anmolrani777 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:40 am

you'll find some Photodex demos that display the name of the style in a caption at the top. Same goes for ProShow Producer built in styles.

Postby bna1dew » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:27 am

Since Proshow has been discontinued, is there a way to download Stylepacks. I have a new laptop and would like to download stylepacks th as t I previously purchased. How can I download Stylepack 4,5, etc

Postby bna1dew » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:28 am

Since Proshow has been discontinued, is there a way to download Stylepacks. I have a new laptop and would like to download stylepacks th as t I previously purchased. How can I download Stylepack 4,5, etc

Postby Riekelt » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:57 pm

bna1dew wrote:Since Proshow has been discontinued, is there a way to download Stylepacks. I have a new laptop and would like to download stylepacks th as t I previously purchased. How can I download Stylepack 4,5, etc

On this forum you wil find lots of answers to your question.
f.i. https://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/view ... 44&t=24463

Greetings
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Return to PSG - Style & Technique