HELP - how to stop a background song at a certain location ?

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
albert wong

HELP - how to stop a background song at a certain location ?

Postby albert wong » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:20 am

Need your help. Like to know how can I stop a song ( MP3 ) before it finishes as I want to change to another song. Thanks.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: HELP - how to stop a background song at a certain location ?

Postby TinaJ » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:03 am

Double click on the soundtrack and a new editing window opens up. I usually drag that box north so I can see my progress. Click on edit fades and timing. Another window will open with your music, drag the triangle back from the end of the song and see in the soundtrack if it's where you want it to be. I keep dragging til I"m close, then drag the square at the bottom of the track to fade it out and test. I'm sure there is a way to use the numbers and your timing but for me it's easier to just drag and eyeball, then listen. Hope that helps.
TinaJ
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

albert wong

Postby albert wong » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:43 am

TinaJ,

Many thanks for your help. Yes, got it to do what I wanted. Much appreciated.

Postby Naipes » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm new here and this is probably too late for the show you were working on, but this is how I start and stop song tracks in specific locations:

In the "Slide List / Timeline" window, at the bottom of the screen, you can see the audio waveform beneath your slides. Position your mouse cursor on the waveform exactly where you want the song to end, right click on the waveform and select, "Stop Track Here."

Return to PSG - Style & Technique