Adding Music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
ucpage

Adding Music

Postby ucpage » Tue May 19, 2009 9:59 am

Hi there! I just bought this software and tried it out yesterday making a presentation (for fun, not pay) of the end of year school pics. For the music part, I chose "save music from CD" and chose a song and it was perfect. Now, I want to make a slideshow for a client's sesison pictures and use royalty free music that I have, but of course they are just MP3 files and not on a CD. Can I use them just like that? Does it work if I burn them on a CD and then pull the off there? Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Adding Music

Postby Studio7Productions » Tue May 19, 2009 10:41 am

Hi, you can use Music from anywhere located on your HDD or CD......Just go to the music tab and hit the + sign and locate the file you want to use......does not need to be only 1 track either, you can add as many as you like, change the order of playing, then if you want you can sync the show to fit the music.....

Playing is FUN, and the best way to learn

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby debngar » Tue May 19, 2009 3:56 pm

ucpage wrote:-snip-
For the music part, I chose "save music from CD" and chose a song and it was perfect. Now, I want to make a slideshow for a client's sesison pictures and use royalty free music that I have, but of course they are just MP3 files and not on a CD. Can I use them just like that? Does it work if I burn them on a CD and then pull the off there? Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

The type of supported files ProShow can use are listed under documentation on the Photodex web site.

No need to burn an Mp3 file to a CD to use it in the show. Just put it on your computer somewhere, go to the soundtrack window and hit the plus button to add the Mp3 file there.

When you save music from a CD, it turns it into an .ogg file for use in ProShow.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Tue May 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Just remember that little gotchya -- Proshow does not like media stored on network drives - it needs to be on a drive local to that machine.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Tue May 19, 2009 6:53 pm

gpsmikey wrote:Just remember that little gotchya -- Proshow does not like media stored on network drives - it needs to be on a drive local to that machine.

mikey

Hi Mikey,

You're absolutely right about that - good point.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to Music Discussion