You Tube deleted song

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Esteemed Member

You Tube deleted song

Postby Patricia_C » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows how or why You Tube deletes or mutes songs?

I upload a personal video I did, just to try it out as I had never uploaded to You Tube before, so just testing it out. Was going to remove it anyway, so it didn't bother me that almost instantly, when the video played it said audio was removed due to copyright violation. However, I see that song on You Tube, by other users who I'm sure don't own the copyright either. So I am just wondering if anyone knows the rhyme or reason to when they do this?

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

dnmilikan

Re: You Tube deleted song

Postby dnmilikan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:25 am

Hello Patty,

I understand the questionable action by You Tube. Who knows with You Tube? I have posted shows that have copyrighted music as the sound track and not have problems. It seems that vocal music is more subject to scrutiny than instrumental music. You Tube is just trying to keep themselves out of hot water on this. If they knowingly allowed the playing or the use of copyrighted material they become a party to any legal action that may result. Hope this helps answer your question.

Best wishes,
Donald Miller

Glyn

Postby Glyn » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:20 pm

I must put my hand up to using copyright music on a YouTube slide show, like Patricia a personal video just to check it out You Tube response, no problem we are just going to add a small add to it. lol

Postby Lotus » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

If your audio was disabled, youtube has "audioswap" and you can select another
music selection for your uploaded video. You can even select music to match
the length of your video.

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:43 am

Hi all,

Yes, I did try out the audioswap and it is not bad. I just like my song better, plus, as we all do, spend a lot of time selecting the right song and putting the movements to that song. Thank goodness, Proshow doesn't restrict us.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Return to Music Discussion