Royality music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Esteemed Member

Royality music

Postby Patricia_C » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am asking for your opionions here...tell me what is your favorite source for purchasing RF music?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Royality music

Postby climax » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:20 am

Hi Patty,
I just loooove sonicfire from Smartsound. Over there you'll find all styles of music, and even better than that... the songs are fully costumizable. You can determine the time, change the mood and even the instrumentation if you have a multilayred song ! Sometimes I stiil get surprised how it is possible to make a song look completely different from the original. And I still only have the free software... you won't need to invest a lot of money if you don't want.

But if what you want is first quality music... the kind that you would see in the movies, the place to go is Triple Scoop Music. They are amazing, but you'll have to pay a bit more to have all that musical quality, and they are not customizable....

Cristina
Cristina

Postby AMD » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:56 am

Patty,

I use Digital Juice, Kevin McLeod, Jonathan Roberts, and SonicFire as well as a couple of royalty-free albums that I have purchased on line from Muse and Amazon.com. Kevin does some amazing work, I think, especially for free (donations are accepted). Jonathan had a couple of pieces that I loved and downloaded last year but which aren't on his site anymore, though. The last time I checked, I wasn't so "taken" with the current music he had available.

As Cristina said, TripleScoop has relatively good music--also decent vocals. However, their tracks are $60 each, which is just too steep for me--especially if I need to put 3 tracks in a show.

SonicFire is about as good as most of the royalty-free "instrumentals go, in my opinion, and I do like several of thefeatures--but it still leaves much to be desired. Most of the royalty-free that I can afford is the same couple of bars ad nauseum!

Ann

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:53 am

Maybe a better question is do you have any sure favorites from the ones you have already?

I have a bit of money set aside and wish to spend some of it on RF music. Problem is, figuring out what songs to pick.

One recent show used Celetic Blessings from Triple Scoop. Now that is a must have, even at $60.00. But listening to the selections, it is sooooo hard to pick. There are not all that great, all the time, but once in a while, you find a diamond.

I WILL spend this money somewhere else,if I don't decide soon. :D

Thanks!
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios

Postby bellzerr » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:06 am

SmartSound and SonicFire for me. Their full albums are $99 but you can also buy singles. There software helps you FIND the music you need, and they have sales throughout the year. I think this three-album set that's on sales for $99 is only available until the end of Jan!

When Alexandra (aka Astra) sees your post, she's going to "chime" :lol: in for SmartSound as well.
Mark

Postby bellzerr » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Hey Patty,
Now's the time to spend that money that's been burning a hole in your pocket. SmartSound is having a nice sale. Check the thread I just started here:
http://proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14660

Postby debngar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Though I've not bought anything from either of these sites they seems like a pretty good deal compared to the average royalty free sites.

Right now,Stock20 is offering all 6 of their new releases for $40. Normally I think they charge $20 per song which is still very reasonable for royalty free use IMO. They are typically instrumental if you can use that.

http://www.stock20.com/commerce/index.php

Redbeard seems to be a partner site that features vocals. Cost to use per year per song is around $30.

http://www.redbeardmusic.com/zen-site/index.php
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Astra » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:53 pm

SmartSound company & SonicFire program - with all CD music.

Check the tutorials,
what is possible to do with melodies ... it is not just "ONE song, ONE length and that's it"...

(Mark was right - definitely worth to look at it )

Alexandra
Last edited by Astra on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks Mark for the heads up! And Debbie for more suggestions.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios

Valued Member

Postby quikchip » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

We use Royalty Free Music from Amazon, and then use Audacity to make any adjustments. Amazon selection of Royalty Free continues to grow - it is best bang for buck. We have used a albums from C & C International Media Group purchased at Amazon for $8.99 for 12 tracks. Also from Amazon is Album from Audiomagic Music Studios which has some good tracks on it ... $8.99 for 38 tracks. We have tried SmartSound in pack but prefer using Audacity with Amazon Royalty Free ... and a lot easier and better value.

Postby bellzerr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:57 pm

So you adjust pitch and tempo in Audacity? How do change the length or mood of the piece?
Mark

Valued Member

Postby quikchip » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 pm

Mark,

We create Slide Shows and Presentations and have done it for over 8 years ... We use music but Do Not Create Music!

If SonicFire suits you, and have time to tinker, you should continue to use it.

Postby bellzerr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Quik -
No challenge intended. Just trying to understand the tools and processes others find useful. And I'm always open to saving a buck! I'll be checking out Amazon.
Mark

Postby AMD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi,

I have the Amazon royalty-free music but find most of it rather lacking. The C & C International Media Group purchased from Amazon.com is on par with Digital Juice, I think, but the Royalty Free 188 tracks are almost worthless, in my opinion. They don't even have track names--just numbers and no defined categories--just a lot of synthesized noise, basically, I think.

I have had comments from forum members watching a couple of my shows when I used SonicFire music, though, who commented that they couldn't bear to hear the music and had to turn their sound off or asked how I ever could tolerate listening to the music to complete the show . . . so . . . guess it's a matter of individual preference.

I have more than ten of the SonicFire albums. Their free software is awesome, and some of the tracks aren't bad--so far as royalty-free instrumentals go, in my personal opinion. However, I still find all of the royalty-free that I can afford to be lacking in what I would really like to use. I purchased the January 3-pack--the first time I have downloaded. I have a note on my monitor that the latest sale goes off the 7th--so I may purchase a few more albums.

Ann

Postby dcloud » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:29 pm

You could take a look at opuzz.com. Their discs are $49 each but you can get 5 for $129. Each disc has 10 songs and each song has a stinger, 10 sec., 15 sec., 30 sec., 60 sec. and full-length version. Most songs also have a version with an alternate mix. You can't 'rearrange' the songs or set an exact length like you can with SmartSound but if you don't want to buy another piece of software it's a good option. Through 3-12 SmartSound is having a sale - 3 discs for (around) $90.

Next

Return to Music Discussion