Audio Editing

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Re: Audio Editing

Postby JimS » Thu May 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi - I have been using MP3Gain for many years and it is a great little program for equalizing the volume between tracks from different sources. Very easy to use.

I recently upgraded from a Window XP computer to a Windows 8.1 computer and am having trouble getting the program to work on the new computer. I downloaded from cnet.com as suggested. The download arrives OK, but when I try to install it, I get a message saying some files are missing and to go back and get the "full version" or something similar to that. There seem to be later versions on other websites, but I do not know them and am a bit concerned about trying them. I have searched for help, but didn't find much. Has anyone got this program working on Windows 8, and if so, maybe they would be so kind as to advise me how to go about it.

Thanks, Jim

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Fri May 09, 2014 1:33 am

Try downloading from here, it is only available as a BETA for 8 at the moment

http://mp3gain.softpile.com/mp3gain+windows+8/
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby JimS » Fri May 09, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Thanks for your response. I don't know what "Beta" is in regards to Windows 8. Is it something that has to be added to Win 8? I have updated my computer for all recommended updates.

I did try to download from softpile.com It took me to another page where it had 4 choices related to mp3gain1.3.4 beta that I don't understand. Is this the right item? And which of the choices do I choose?

Thanks for your patience and help, Jim

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Fri May 09, 2014 8:15 am

Beta is basically a Prototype before it goes into full production, to iron out any problems that users tell them about
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby JimS » Sat May 10, 2014 6:47 am

Hi
I have succeeded in getting mp3Gain 1.2.5 installed on my windows 8.1 computer and it seems to run just fine. For the information of anyone else who may be trying to download, here is what I did. I downloaded and saved the program from mp3gain.en.lo4d.com/ This website didn't have as much of the usual clutter and add ons as most. When installing, it had a couple of boxes for additional things to include 1. Visual Basic Runtime 2. Links in Start Menu. I left them both checked and it installed OK, without the problem mentioned in my original post.

Jim

Previous

Return to Music Discussion