MUSIC FOR CAR SHOW

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

MUSIC FOR CAR SHOW

Postby ROADM1N » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 am

Hello everyone :)
At the beginning I'd like to thanks for this place - it's awesome!

I tried to find music that is suitable for car show, the cars are classic, from 60's and 70's (motonostalgia) in Poland.
I've got over 300 pics but i'd like to make show with 30 or 40 best cars because I'd like to focus on some details of that cars and I'm just wondering if instrumental from 60's will be nice or maybe with lyrics telling about something... and I don't know the tempo...
Maybe somone got any ideas...
Thanks in advance.

Re: MUSIC FOR CAR SHOW

Postby AMD » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:11 am

Hi,

I just did a show in the late summer of my '73 Corvette as I sadly parted with it after a 38-year relationship and used Sonicfire's Motor City Jam from their Full Spectrum album, which worked nicely. The great thing about Sonicfire music is that it is not only royalty-free but you can also choose any length you desire. The quality of the music is pretty good for royalty-free also. I don't know if the track would be the tempo you want or not.

Ann

You can hear the track here:

http://vimeo.com/27154491

Postby ROADM1N » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 am

I love your car! Why this relationship must end?
Oooh it's so sad :(

We've got in Poland/Europe shows, exhibitions very 'sentimental' ones; the cars looks as they were just brand new:) Owners just love them. We have classic car and oldtimers clubs - that's all very inspirational for me.
In Europe we have 'different' :) cars I've got youngtimer 21yo BMW 325i and it seems that I'm as emotionally attached to her:) as you :)
That's why music is so important when it comes to making memorable shows; they worth of it - thank you very much for your suggestions for american's beauties.

Rad

Postby HunnyB » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 pm

I have used "hit the road jack" ray charles
Johnny Be Good
Green Onion

They worked good in my car show :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby stiophan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi ROADM1N,
the song that works for me is "In love with my car" by Queen.

Steve

Postby ROADM1N » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 am

Tkanks4suggestions seems they're working good :)

Postby Cash88 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 am

I'd suggest something like "Rolling" by Limp Bizkit :) I think it's hot

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 am

My thought here isn't about specific music but rather the type. I think you're on the right track with an instrumental not a vocal. And while some think using familiar music is good, 99% of the time I prefer something generic. If I were making a music video that would be different but I want the audience paying attention to the pictures not the music. I prefer they not even notice the music most of the time--it will have a powerful effect whether they notice it or not.

I think you're also on the right track by asking about tempo--that's what that effect is all about, music creates an emotional feeling around the images. Get that right and you've got "wow".

Obviously for a show cars music that's a bit bright, light and fun might work. Something to suggest speed maybe or something to suggest the emotional attachment to the car or... lots of potential here. For me, this step is one of the hardest ones in the whole thing, and I really only get it 'right' with a lot of trial and error. I also find that which tune I use isn't all that important, it's all about tempo and how it feels.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby ROADM1N » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:45 am

The key is the type - I agree. In general music MUST BE suitable; focus is in your hands - what is your target - what you'd like to show; if music is only background - the foreground is picture; what if the music is more expressive - pictures becoming background.

I've got many types of cars from many countries and finally I've decided to match the music from these countries to the cars are originated. And the type of the cars matched with the type of music - for example if this is race car - music tells it - plus some sound effects mixed with music. And the tempo as you said must be right.
50 minutes show with several 'chapters' seems great.

Instrumental is more suitable generally but in some 'situations' vocal makes the feel. With suitable words of course.
But I agree with you - in balance: background/foreground.
Instrumental is more 'imagineable' :) for me.

My second show (about 20 minutes) is in trance style. I've filtered pics with a bit 'dreamy' filters. Only instrumental is ok for me in this style. So all depends on the style you choose, I think.

R

Return to Music Discussion