Proshow Media music blocked on you tube

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Proshow Media music blocked on you tube

Postby amazingmary » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:57 pm

I just noticed that one of my slideshows containing all music from proshow media has been blocked by you tube stating it is copyright material - they are blocking in US. Not good. I've always used Proshow media material for safe royalty free. Of course I've submitted a rebuttal but they came back with who produced it and what company is yelling- What's happening at the trusted photodex co.? anyone else experience this?
Amazing Mary

Re: Proshow Media music blocked on you tube

Postby Bart_B » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Amazing Mary :D

A whole thread was started yesterday on this very topic.

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19884

I'm sure it will be helpful to you.

Bart

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:36 pm

You might also want to touch bases with Photodex and let them know that their music is being blocked. Perhaps they would be interested in pushing back too. Clearly YouTube has been sniffing it's own socks too long :evil:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby amazingmary » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Yes Mikey- I contact and I am waiting to hear back from Photodex. You tube is awefully stinky lately!
Amazing Mary

Postby amazingmary » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for the link Bart!!!
Amazing Mary

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Photodex will often contract with an artist through various royalty free music sites for that stuff. Some artists have spread their music around with various companies. Did the message say what company was disputing the music in the video? If so, might be nice to start making a list, maybe a thread we could all add to it. Some of these could be innocent flags but honestly these days I think it is a huge mess of scamming companies trying to make free money off people who don't bother disputing these thieves taking advantage of other people's videos for profit.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 pm

It's good practice to make sure you include the artist, publisher and who you purchased the license to use music from and state it was royalty free. Not that it proves anything but if you are clear about it in the beginning with that in the description, maybe it gets them off your back sooner.

That poor guy who had his video contested that had no music, not sure what anyone can do about something like that except get a hungry lawyer to jump on their back. LOL What a pain. :shock:
Debbie

Postby amazingmary » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Debbie
Thanks for your info about posting publisher, etc- i did post a show the other day and did just that as I saw all the problems people were having and didn't want to experience it- but after I posted the show I thought I should go thru my vids on the channel and sure enough found one totally blocked (the one I'm writing about today).

This show has been on you tube for 3 yrs and no problems. If you've used Proshow Media Source-Wedding essentials you will know there no other info such as Artist or publisher and the like and at that time one didn't post where we got all the goodies to make the shows.....Then suddenly you tube posts a total block- I never got a notification either -You Tube's block states that it contains content from UMG and EMI. Its a total block not just ads-they are going hard core!

Now, if I go to the video channel section for my videos I get more detail:

Entity: EMI Content Type: Sound Recording
Entity: UMG Content Type: Sound Recording
These content owners have reviewed your video and agreed with your dispute:
Entity: INgrooves Content Type: Sound Recording
Entity: GoDigital for a third party Content Type: Sound Recording
Entity: INgrooves Content Type: Sound Recording
Your dispute is still awaiting a response from these content owners:
Entity: The Orchard Music Content Type: Sound Recording
Entity: Koch Entertainment Content Type: Sound Recording

Of course I contested and told you tube it was royalty free music from photodex.com. I also have the license from the software that i could send them but how when they only give you a few characters to send an explanation. I also sent notification to Photodex.com and am waiting for their response. For long term clients would think they would be able be of some help...but maybe i'm just wishing...and hoping....and thinkin...and yes prayin i don't have to change the music....
Amazing Mary

Postby debngar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Are you saying that ALL those companies disputed the music you used in ONE video??? If so this I would definitely keep a copy of that message to use in the future.

Posting the license details in the video description does not guarantee it won't still get flagged but it can't hurt.

If multiple companies are claiming copyright at the same time that proves that at least some of them are frauds! Sheesh! Wonder if that could equate to someone commiting slander/libel?
Debbie

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm

I got this message about a show I posted on You Tube.( It is just a Wizard show about Fiordland in NZ)

"Your video, Fiordland National Park, may have content that is owned or licensed by rumblefish."

I met the musician/composer on one of our local beaches and she told me to go ahead and use her music but please acknowlodge her somewhere in the video. I did that. My point is that her music is origional and does not have any affiliation to anyone else and she owns the copyright!

I have no idea who rumblefish is. The show is not for commersial use. I suppose the upside is that You Tube did not strip the music. Makes one hope even more that Photodex could come up with a solution to play their shows anywhere without having to have the plugin.

Rosemary

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Most of these things are motivated by money. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps this is something being pushed by some of the producers of RF music out there to try and drive the other smaller ones out of business by blocking all of their stuff, knowing full well that most of them can't afford to pay the legal fees to take them to court. No, I'm generally not into "conspiracy theories", however, nobody is doing this without some ulterior motive (usually $$$ ). Since they would be unlikely to collect anything worth much dollar wise from an individual posting something on youtube, that leaves me with the suspicion that there is some other motive behind this - like running the small/independent royalty free people out of business. Anytime someone tells you "it's not about the money - it's the principal", it's the money speaking. Just my suspicious nature wondering who stands to gain by this routine.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby tdew » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:35 am

Mikey might just be right. I looked up Rumblefish and came up with this
http://rumblefish.com/

"he Rumblefish catalog has over 400,000 songs from artists and labels in more than 30 countries and is the true foundation around here. Rumblefish artists have been paid millions in royalties because clients love to tell their stories with this amazing music."

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:40 am

So all of their "members" would be the artists that have already paid the "protection" money to avoid getting run over ?
Highly suspicious.

mikey

Postby debngar » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:45 am

I'd like to know who gets the royalty if the artist is registered with several of these kinds of music distributors. ALL of them can't lay claim to "own" the content it seems to me.
Debbie

Postby tdew » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:49 am

Someone who knows more about finding who owns a website might be able to learn more about these guys?

Next

Return to Music Discussion