MAGIX Music Maker 2013

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Valued Member

MAGIX Music Maker 2013

Postby Tonel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 am

UK based ProShowers may be interested to know there is a special offer on 'MAGIX Music Maker 2013' until 28 August. (The same offer may be available in other countries but doesn't seem to be in the USA. You can select other countries by clicking the flag at the top of the link below.)

http://www.magix.com/gb/music-maker/det ... ial-offer/

If you want to avoid getting into copyright problems using other people's music one route is to use Sonic Fire to create your own. If like me you've tried it then you'll know it's not that easy to find what you want and can involve some considerable investment. With MAGIX you put together your own arrangement from the Soundpool and other features provided. There are lots of videos on at MAGIX and on Youtube (albeit older versions) about it.

I get the MAGIX newsletter and yesterday it informed me of this offer. I looked into it and have ordered it today. Incidentally, there are vouchers to get a further discount here http://www.vouchercodes.com/vouchers/magix.htm.

I have no connection with MAGIX but I do have some of their other software and have recently purchased another offer for "Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 2013".

As with any software there is a learning curve but at the offer price this has to be worth a try.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Re: MAGIX Music Maker 2013

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:04 am

There are a number of things out there (Sony Acid is another) that allow you to work with loops and things, HOWEVER, in my limited experience (I have Sony Acid and Adobe Audition) with a bunch of loops etc, creating a quick hit single ... or something that even sounds halfway decent is far more complex that most people realize (or the advertising would lead you to believe :roll: ). I also noticed in the statements about the sound loops that were available in that link that it indicated "License free, royalty free content for non-commercial use only" I too have fallen back on either Sonic Fire stuff or Digital Juice for most of what I do.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Re: MAGIX Music Maker 2013

Postby Tonel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:50 am

Mikey

I completely agree with you about it not being as easy as the marketing bumf would suggest. I've also tried Acid and sequencing packages (I have keyboards & tone modules but am no musician) and it ain't easy. It takes a lot of time to create something that people will enjoy listening to. Which is why music creators deserve to be paid their royalties.

This is another piece of music software that I've tried by downloading a trial previous version and think it is worth making a small investment in - it's another tool in the kitbag. I'll perhaps give a report back on my findings when I've had a go with this version and the full soundpool.

I popped back on to add the point you've already made. Yes the EULA does say "The music, video and photo files included with MAGIX products may only be used within the scope of producing personally created works to be used for non-commercial purposes." So don't bother if your shows are made for commercial purposes. Mine are only for family and friends.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Return to Music Discussion