SmartSound music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

SmartSound music

Postby Magmatic » Tue May 21, 2013 9:15 am

I have purchased a fair amount of SmartSound music over the last couple of years (when on sale.) For the most part, I have been pleased with it.

But in searching for some special music for a recent project I ran into a problem. I found two or three pieces that would work, except that they had no satisfying conclusion. They just end with a chord, and that's it. Music I had downloaded previously, as far as I saw, did have a good ending. So, that's something I had not noticed about SmartSound. Fortunately, I was able to find a song that was acceptable, but it took some out-of-the-box searching.

For what it's worth (not much), it's something to keep in mind.
David Shuford

Re: SmartSound music

Postby Astra » Tue May 21, 2013 1:55 pm

David,
if you have Smartsound software "SonicFire Pro" - (latest free upgrade version is 5.75 )- you could "slice-and-dice" each music segment into individual pieces & combine it together with other segments from same - (or even other) - melodies.
Also it is possible to add ANY sound or effect (like: bang, whoosh, etc...) to the main melody - on separate track.

Astra/Alex

Postby Magmatic » Wed May 22, 2013 6:45 am

Yes, I have SonicFire Pro, but that's besides the point. If the song does not have a conclusion, no amount of fiddling with SonicFire will create one. I did not think about combining different melodies. Add the conclusion of one song to another. Hmm. Would that sound right?

The potential with SonicFire is interesting, but it does not work miracles. I haven't use it much; but when I did, it didn't give me what I wanted. Even if the song DOES have a conculsion, the time length selected in SonicFire affects whether you get that conculsion or not. So you have to experiment with the time. I do need to figure out how to slice and dice, as you say. Thanks for the tip on the upgrade.
David Shuford

Postby Astra » Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm

David,
that feature "Slide-&-Dice" is called: "Smart Razor" (it is pulldown in "Timeline" Menu).
You also need to see the parts of melody (called "Smart Blocks") to see in a "Bin" (pulldown in "View" menu).
.... "Bin" is usualy hidden on the bottom - you need to pull it out & up.
From these "Smart Blocks" you could construct almost new melody - with ending which will fit the need.
The advantage of Smartsound music & SonicFire Pro software is this flexibility and combination.
.... (I'm no selling it - just using a lot....)

Alex/Astra

Postby Magmatic » Wed May 22, 2013 5:54 pm

That's nice to know. I need to look at it when I get time. Thank you.
David Shuford

Return to Music Discussion