Need music help

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Need music help

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:34 pm

Hello,

I need help finding a good song. One of my client wants to start her show with a song from a Swing Band. It's for her husbands 70th birthday. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help!

Kelly

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Kelly,
Do you know what tempo you are shooting for? Do you have any Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, The Dorsey's, Glen Miller, even some Mitch Miller. Actually when I first read your post, my mind went to something a little more "Jivey", like "In the Mood", or "Boogie Woggie Bugle Boy". Was your birthday boy in the military?
Good luck kelly.
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

Postby KellyInAz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks for the ideas Dan! No military that I can see. I did a search on the artists that you suggested and came up with a good one.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:42 pm

Like Dan, my first thought was Glenn Miller. Actually at 70 he may only remember the tail end of the big band era but regardless, anyone who knows the music of that era at all knows Miller and there's a good selection of types and tempos. Some of the best known instrumentals include:

In the Mood
American Patrol
String of Pearls
Little Brown Jug
St Louis Blues March -- neat tempo and rhythmn
Moonlight Serenade -- a hugely famous quieter piece
Tuxedo Junction

These are all winners and would work for some kinds of shows and should be readily available if you don't already have one or more.

Another option for mood-setting would be to find a version taken off an old LP complete with tinny sound and scratches--just the way it sounded in the 40's. :)
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Music Discussion