music for academic slideshow

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

music for academic slideshow

Postby shaysmom » Thu May 10, 2007 9:13 am

Hello All!

I have a sophmore in high school who besides plays baseball does history day and science fair. Baseball music as another post listed great choices, is not too difficult once you get a few suggestion things seem to evolve. However, I am stuck on suggestions for music that follows the students as they compete in these competitions. I have used Celion Dion's "Power of the Dream", One Shining Moment by Teddy Pendegrass, the very first part of Pink's "Lets Get this Party Started", and Van Haled "Right Now".
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Karen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Thu May 10, 2007 9:28 am

Hi Karen,
Have you looked at the song ideas in "My favorite sports songs" further down in this section. You have listed some varied choices there. Is your idea to slow down a bit after the action shots, but to maintain an inspiring feel? I used a song recently that worked well for that, "Reach by Gloria Estefan", it was used quite a bit in the last Olympics.
Good luck!
_Dan
Slideshows: PSG 3. & Producer, Photo Editing: PSP9, PS Elements 5.0 (begining), Google Piccasa

academic music

Postby shaysmom » Thu May 10, 2007 12:55 pm

Hi Dan,
What a great suggestion. I will get a copy of Reach and listen to it. I never thought to look at Olymic music. another great idea!
I have the first academic show that I made using proshow gold. I now have the producer and am trying to learn that. Just not enough hours in the day. The other show that is shared there was made by my son last year.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 8660&alb=0

Thanks again Dan,
Karen

Valued Member

Postby slideshowsandmore » Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Hi Karen,

Some songs that I've used:

The Worlds Greatest; R. Kelly
Forever Young; Bob Dylan or Rod Stewart
Change the World; Eric Clapton
Simply the Best; Tina Turner
Time of Your Life; Greenday (this has a different title but I this is the title I know it by)

Rosemary

PS. Thanks for the preschool suggestion

Postby iromero » Fri May 11, 2007 2:05 am

Karen,

As Dan mentions, there was recently a post regarding "My favorite sports songs". There was a pretty comprehensive list of songs there and there was contribution from many members. You may want to check that for additoinal ideas. Also, have you looked at any of the "Jock Jams" compilations? These are typically some good theme/anthem type songs on those as well.

Ivan

Postby marmart » Fri May 11, 2007 2:59 am

A good song is "Dream Big" by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberbands (I know-sounds bad). I have used it in a high schooler show, a 6th grade graduation and a girls tennis team - it's pretty versatile.

Mary

Valued Member

Here is another good song

Postby my3luv1 » Fri May 11, 2007 8:05 am

I have used this for my son's 4th gr. class and now I am using it for HS Band Senior Year End video to show their senior pictures.

This is My Time - Raven Symone, Princess Diary II soundtrack

Postby iromero » Fri May 11, 2007 11:45 am

Mary,

The Dream Big song is excellent. I have used that one in the past was well. As a matter of fact, now the you have reminded me, I think I will use it for my daughter's 1st grade end of school year slideshow...

Thanks!

Ivan

Return to Music Discussion